Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm looking for a good MP3-player for my Mazda. I know that Aiwa has one quite nice and someone actually has it here on the forum?!? But what I wanna know is your experiences. Is there some weak spots or so?
Thanks.

Mici

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yeah I have the Aiwa. It does have its weak points. But overall its serves its purpose. It tends to skip a bit, for the lack of skip protection, but thats why I don't have a truck, so it works out pretty good. Some people find the display kind of annoying i like it. Its got a nice readout, and teh rest is taken up by a an analyzer. It has no problem powering my Kappas, and had no problem blowing out the factory speakers =). Personally, even with over 1600 mp3s, I find myself listening to my normal CDs more than mp3 disks. But then I have only made one, that has 114 tracks on it...with room still left. Personally if I had it to over again, It hink I would have gotten normal Pioneer hea unit. Just because I don't find myelf playing mp3s as much as I thougt I would. But then if I had the Pioneer I would probably be wishing I had the Aiwa. On messageboards there has been a lot of talk of them having problems, I already had to get mine repaored once - it just stopped playing CDs, but teh radio still worked. I was lucky and there was a local repair place nearby, and the warranty covered the $50 repair. Other people have had them broken out of the box. My advice is to eithe rget a different headunit or wait about a year, when my guess is that more major brands will start making them, or wait for Aiwas, next one, so they can work out their bugs. But if you really want you mp3s. Go ahead and see if you can find an Aiwa. last time I looked tehy were still backordered everywhere.

Some sites to check out are mp3.com's messagboard on the unit here: http://bboard1.mp3.com/hardware/liststory/?topic_id=48&month=200008. And http://www.aiwaautomp3.com - not much there but they have a messagboard. Anandtech has a review here: http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1325

Good luck. Sorry for the bad spellung and what not, it is REAL early here.

·
Registered
488 Posts
The Aiwa is on back order for at least 3 months if not longer and as you can see has some problems. The only other one on the market that I know of is Kenwood's Z919. Looks great, play CDs, MP3s, WAV file, etc... Has multiple RCA pre-outs and a good suspension system so you shouldn't experience skipping. Only downside is it is supposed to retail for $650.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yeah it costs a bundle, and it doesn't read ID3 tags, where the Aiwa does. And its limited in a few other places too.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
if you really want to play MP3's why don't you just get a program like Easy CD Creator that automatically converts the MP3's into CD music. Also, if you have 150 somewhat mp3's, how much time are yuo looking to spend on finding th eone song you want. What I do is I get a group of 16 mp3's I want that I really like and put them in one CD, burn it and play it in my regular Sony CD player in my care..... end of story.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Jpmxgt--is the man!!! :)

TELL IT HOW IT IS!!!! LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts