Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BAD News is, i found out yesterday that my motor and turbo are fucked.

GOOD News is, this means that i cant sell my six in the condition it's in which means i'm keeping it...YAY!

My mate kyle from Mort's Motorsports is fitting a reco motor and reco turbo for around $800. His mechanic is starting that on wednesday. While the motor is going in, kyle and i are doing some "body styling" and then when the motor and turbo are in, the car is goin for a full re-spray =) I'm helping with the whole process (excluding the spraying) so i'll keep you guys posted with pics and details as the project comes along

·
Registered
76 Posts
Good blokes at morts, will you be goin to the show and shine that they are holding ??

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep they sure are. i get along with them really well cos they both have 1st gen mx6's and kyle knows pretty much everything there is to know about the 1st gen. yeah i'm definately going, i'm spending about $3k at morts over the next month getting my car up to scratch for the show and shine. should be good. should be pretty big with k-rock there and a v8 supercar and possibly hot 4's magazine...gotta get my car lookin smick jus incase i happen to get in a photo or two :jump: :wave:

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
thats good news!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i wasnt going to say anything and then rock up to the next cruise and surprise everyone, but stuff it, i'm bored.

the car goes in wednesday to get new motor and turbo fitted. while it's there we're fitting my skirts that i have at home, and an aftermarket R32 GTR front bar. I'm also getting a complete re-spray and a set of 18" White Drift Rims to go with it =)

·
Registered
628 Posts
glad to hear ur keeping the mx!.. see it's telling u it doenst want to be sold.

anyway.. i've got a quick Q.... how would 18's go on the 1st gen? do they rub.. cos i was gona get mine lowered with super lows but now hopefully.. i might be getting some 18's for the mx.. would these go ok with the superlows?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it really depends on the profile of the tyres. my mate mike from mort's motorsports has 18's on his with compressed superlow's and they dont scrub at all. late this week (thu/fri when the engine swap is complete) i'm getting my 18's on (ordered them today) and getting compressed superlow's put in. so yeah, i think it depends on the profile of the tyres, cos i've also heard people say that 18's will scrub..but then again i dont know if those people have actually had experience in it or are just making an assumption :freak:

watcha gonna do with the rims you've got now? i'm selling my current rims (you've seen them) but have no idea what price to put on them

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
yeah mxchic what ay gonna do with em :)

·
Registered
628 Posts
i'll have them up 4 sale if i get these 18's... god i hope i get these 18's.. lol.. no one else has them cept this guy i might be getting them from.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts