Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some people have been saying that the Eibach anti-roll bars for our cars have been discontinued. This is sorta confirmed when you go to the Eibach site and see that they are no longer listed.

Well I just mysteriously recieved the JC Whitney sport compact catalog in the mail, and inside, they show the Eibach anti-roll bars as being in stock. So that's cool. Also they are cheaper than they used to be @ $399.

Wierd thing is they are called "Lakewood Sport by Eibach." They show the picture of the box and it's still in the Eibach box, but they're apparently being distributd under this wierd Lakewood Sport name. Hmmm.

·
Registered
449 Posts
nopi, corksport still have the roll bars listed.

Nopi sells them for $350
Corksport is $420.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Are they on CRACK??!

$399 for a ****ing sway bar?

·
Registered
449 Posts
how about corksport's 420? What are they on?

·
Registered
449 Posts
I was lookin in my workshop manual and saw that the GT's front sway bar is 24.?mm. Isn't the one with the eibach set only 21mm? However the rear bar from the eibach is larger diameter than the stock gt has.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Eibachs are thinner up front, and thicker in the rear in order to make the car more neutral (less understeer). A stiffer rear suspension will make a car more tail happy, while a stiffer front will make it plow.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I had the impression that thicker was better. I'm sure you are right, I'm new to the suspension stuff.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah it's counter-intuitive isn't it?
Basically making the rear stiffer than the front forces the rear suspension to take more of the cornering loads, so therefore there's less for the front to do and less understeer, which of course is what we want.
So it's all relative to what car you have; if you had a Corvair a stiffer front bar would be a good idea.

·
Registered
449 Posts
So it sounds like it helps balances the weight more evenly.

·
Registered
512 Posts
So its 350 from NOPI for both bars? Front and rear?

·
Registered
449 Posts
yup. It's a set. I believe it comes with bushings as well. dunno about end links though

·
Registered
92 Posts
Addco Sway Bar

Why don't you guys look into getting an Addco rear sway bar...it is 22mm thick and it is a hell of alot less than the other ones you have previously listed...:cool:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Does anyone know if the Addco rear sway bar has the matching bushing brackets that the stock bar uses. I put my Addco endlinks on last night but I couldn't get the energy suspension bushings on the stock bar because of how mazda set up the brackets that hold the sway bar to the car. I tried to modify the energy suspension brackets to match the stock ones but they still wouldn't work. I would like to know that if I purchace the Addco rear sway bar, the brackets and bushings that come with the bar will fit into the stock location the same way. Has anyone had any trouble getting an Addco rear sway bar to fit on their 1st gen 6? Thanks for your help.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts