Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

Ive spotted a 92 MX6 at the local car market. It's a personal japanese import. 2.5 V6. Has 117000 kms on it. Has sunroof plus aftermarket mags. Only downside is that its an auto. They're asking 16 500. Hows that for price?

Plus would I have insurance troubles as it's
a Japanese import?

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Hi! Odin..
That's pretty much the standard price for an Aussie 92. So unless its better in some way ?... NA!! Or on the other hand If there is no difference with emission control, trusion bars {safety bars in the doors and alike} and fit out ... AC, ABS, 4WS, cruse, ETC. Because all the Aussie second gen MX6 from 92-96 have these fitted. So make sure you are comparing apples with apples! Then why not!
Do you know what accessories/options it has?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
If its a japanese import it should have a KLZE engine. You will have touble insuring a grey import with most insurance company. I would just the standard model which is the same as the japanese one apart from the engine. 121kw vs 149kw.

$16,500 is a bit too much is sydney for a 92 model.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i sold my '92 MX6 MTX with 134000kms for $13800.
It had a fair few problems (cruise, 4WS and MTX free play) so I think it was a fair price.

I was glad to be rid of that one, spent $3500 in mech repairs in 2 years. not impressed. My good friend has a '93 with 156000kms and hasn't spent a cent (besides maintinence) on it..

·
Registered
233 Posts
Resale would go down the gurgler too as an import.

I'd give it a miss, it should be much cheaper then the local equivalent, merely because of that fact.

4WSB

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey i feel lucky, i picked up a fiine 92 MX6 for $8200
really no major problems. just needed a major service, oils flushed and refilled and a 4 wheel alignment, I might need to get the 4WS looked at, making some strange grinding noises when i lock the wheel, but all in all the car is great,
so anyone thinking of buying a second gen MX6 if you really look hard there are some great deals out there, trust me, i actually had a choice of 3 at this price.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
this thread is so old ..like 3yrs.. so yea the prices are not quite what they usedto be..

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Definitely. Today, I saw a red '95 MX6 in a local car yard that looked very clean and had done 190,000. Selling for $9000. Almost tempted from my silver '89 MX6..... :)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Lotta kms tho!

Hmm I wonder how much I'd get for my Dec 93 MX6 with 140,000kms on it, ATX. Runs flawlessly, didn't cost me much to own last financial year actually. Tints, ATX cooler, $1500 headunit, 16" mags... $11-12k?
Would love to trade up to a 95-onwards manual model :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts