Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This actually happened a week or two ago, I decided to finally post it up here in an attempt to bring back some respect for the fast, non-riced out Hondas out there.

Anyway, this particular Honda is owned by my best friend. All of the socal guys that went to the Fiesta Island meet in May probably remember the red hatch back. His mods are as follows:

93 Civic VX
95 USDM B18C1 (GS-R) swap
Fresh rebuild, about 5000 miles on it.
Crower valve springs/retainers
Integra Type-R Pistons
Brand new JDM Integra Type-R Transmission (with LSD)
Integra Type-R Cams
AEM Cam gears
AEM Intake
DC 4-1 Header
ACT 4-puck clutch with extreme plate

It's pretty damn fast :D

My mods are:

90 GT
Rebuilt engine with about 25k on it
Rebuilt tranny
Cone filter
Manual Boost controller
Magnaflow muffler
Zombie chip
and a T-Bird hybrid @ 16psi (I was running a mixture of pump gas and 100 Octane at the time to prevent leaning out)

So anyway, when he was on just the stock GS-R swap, and I was on the stock turbo at 12 psi, we ran, and came out dead even... we decided that since both of us had gotten considerably faster, it was time to get down to business, and see who was on top this time around.

We hit a long, long, long road (Morena blvd for you SD locals) around 10:30pm. No traffic, nice cooool temps, and a lot of space. We kept trying to catch a stop, but none of the lights would go red for us, so we decided to go from a roll... so we're at about 30 mph, he downshifts and floors it, I wasn't expecting it, but was already in 2nd, and mashed the pedal, the tires spin a couple times, hook, and I catch up. I had initially fallen back about 1/2 a length when he downshifted, but gained it back immediately, and pulled even. I hit the end of 2nd, and hit 3rd, my strongest gear. Not sure what gear he was in at this time, but I still couldn't leave him, and he couldn't leave me. I end 3rd, hit 4th, and keep going, since we're dead even still. 4th is ending, I'm a bit worried about the 4-5 shift, but make it pretty quick. A few seconds later, we're at 115, nose and nose still, and both decide to shut down. I suspect at higher speeds I could've inched him out due to his short gears, but it wasn't worth it to try.

Anyway, that's been my best race so far. Hopefully some of you Honda haters will realize not all of them are slow, riced out tin cans
:D

·
Registered
440 Posts
good even run

yea i also am not a fan of the riced out honda's but the ones that are suped up nice i got respect. my cousins prelude(vtech) got all aftermarket parts on it like on everything and a lot of parts are from japananesse(SP?) because hes car was made there

so some hondas get my respect but others i look at them and the driver and laugh

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
sounds like a good run, you both have some pretty quick cars there, and not all honda's are rice buckets, some are just fast, and they get my utmost respect.

-Bryce

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
No clue...

For reference though, I ran 14.7 @ 95 with a cone filter, muffler, and boost at 12psi. This was with a 2.4 60ft. If I launched as well as Rami (Mazda_MX6_Turbo) and pulled a 2.2 60, it would've been in the lower 14s.

My current setup is a helluva lot faster, but traction is non-existant... with drag radials, it's gotta be solid 13s, and I'm still on stock exhaust, and running on a torn up OE clutch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts