Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,988 Posts
Seems like I'm the only one that's gonna say don't part it out. I have an old MG, and it depresses me to see perfectly-running cars being parted out. MX-6s are rare enough as it is, having one less rare car on the road isn't a good idea in my mind.

I regularly go to (used car dealer) auctions. Last night I saw a 91 MX-6 4 cyl automatic in good condition. with over 100000 miles go for almost $3000 (this is wholesale, remember). I've seen 2nd gen MX-6s in badly beat-up condition go for $2000. So the car still has some value on both the wholesale and retail market if the price is right and it looks good.

I have 105K on my 95 and it's still going strong. How many miles are on the car in question? Surely they're good for 200000 miles or more.

Tyson
95 LS

· Registered
1,988 Posts
I'd say definitely don't part it out. It looks as good as mine or better, and has twice as many miles on it!

A drivetrain with that many miles on it will not be worth much on the used market other than as a core, even if it's in excellent running condition and is possibly good for 50000-100000 more miles.

Like another poster said, you'd have a lot of headache dealing with shipping car parts everywhere, but maybe it's not an issue for some people.

Definitely give it a go trying to sell it whole. If you're located near MS, I'll be happy to find out about helping you wholesale it.

Tyson

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.