Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Good turn out this time!

12K views 44 replies 12 participants last post by  bzy112 
#1 ·
nice meeting every one

Im diggin the 15+boost on neils 626 there it was rad!

#2 · (Edited)
Here's some pictures of the Calgary Mazda MX-6.com Meet

(From left to right)
Newfie-MX6's brother, Newfie-MX6 (hidden), Thrasher, Squirrel_Boy (Nellie), Samol-hok (hidden), Penguin-Racer, mrozema

Cars left to right:
HHBL, Nellie, Penguin-Racer, mrozema

Cars left to right:
Penguin-Racer, Graham_AM, mrozema

Cars background to foreground:
Newfie-MX6 (Graham's old MX-6), Samol-Hok, Thrasher

Left to Right:
Newfie_MX6's Brother (sorry dude, didn't get your name!), Penguin-Racer, Thrasher

Penguin_Racer's Turbo charged 626 racing machine, Nellie's 97 MX-6

mrozema's classic black 93 LS (very nice shape!)

mrozema's front strut tower brace (very solid bar!), CAI

Newfie-MX6's RS

Newfie-MX6's Strut Tower Bar

Newfie Ghetto bumper repair job :D

Newfie-MX6 Axis Rims

Holy Cow - Newfie-MX6's PolkAudio DuoSub Monster box!!!

Newfie-MX6's stereo system and DVD panel (not hooked up yet), Graham's ear

#3 ·
Nellie's Gorgeous 97 MX-6 with K&N CAI.

Nellie's Crankenstein (?) sub box.

Nellie's Audio Warning LOL:lol:

Nellie's Performance Meter and Stereo plus friendly air freshener. Missile launch switches mounted below emergency flasher switch.

Nellie's shiney paint versus HHBL's crap faded paint. Waaaaaa!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Nellie's rims - whoa they are so nice.

Nellie's cross-drilled rotors plus painted brake calipers.

It was nice to meet all of you guys. Too bad it was so cold! I couldn't stay for the lunch since the little HHBL was getting ansy and bored. We headed down to "Let's Play" on Macleod after hitting the local MickeyD's. It was great to put some faces to the nicks here. All in all a super bunch of guys with some great cars! Hope you like the pictures!

#4 ·
Thanks for posting the pictures, I didn't even know you took any pictures. If anybody needs a duct tape job on their car, give me a call, I am the master of duct tape repairs. nice two-tone repair eh? haha nice meeting everyonbe, we'll have to do it again sometime soon, maybe go for a nice cruise through the city, show the calgarians some real cars. Anyways, I'm off to find myself a few dr. crankensteins. (no joke intended) sounded incredible.

#5 ·
Sick Rides guys.
I wish the local guys here would go to a meet !

#7 ·
Newfie-mx6 said:
Thanks for posting the pictures, I didn't even know you took any pictures. If anybody needs a duct tape job on their car, give me a call, I am the master of duct tape repairs. nice two-tone repair eh?
I'm pretty stealthy with the camera. :cool: If you ran a blue and silver strip down both sides, it would look like some cool pinstriping! :lol: I wonder if you were to place some cork cushions under the license plate and somehow braced the bumper from the styrofoam cushion underneath (is that what's under there?) whether that vibration from the subs might be reduced.

Please let me know if I got anyone's info wrong there. Nellie, are those switches for the underglow? What's that red button do? After seeing Nellie's car, I'm so tempted to buy another 6 to replace my faded green turtle. Argh... if I only didn't blow all that cash on that 626 I just got...

#9 ·
^ It was an awesome time.. I had a blast meeting everybody. Sure is nice to see so many nice MX6's out there. Speaking of which. I looked in my rear view mirror today on deerfoot and I could have SWORN that it was Nelly speeding up to me. I was already speeding.. doing 120 on Deerfoot (as usual) but this guy was doing about 140ish. He had the EXACT same car as Nelly.. even tinted windows... but as he pulled up I knew it wasn't him.. it was an older blonde guy.. hmm.. the sad part....

HE HAD A TRAILER HITCH ON IT!!!!!!!

GRRRR!!!!

Wil somebody please steal that car and give it to a loving owner?!!! Man that was harsh.

Shawn's car is getting pimped nicely.. its quite the ride..
Nelly has the coolest under-car lights I've ever seen. Its like a disco under the car.. all these different colors and all.. it was so cool. Nelly's car is so damn clean.

BTW... I found a guy with a 1993 LS if anybody is interested.. its an auto though.. but it has 260k on it.. in okay shape hunter green with tan interior... needs nothing.. but only $2k if anybody is interested...

I told him I'd post it on a mx6 forum for him.. he said go ahead.. so here is his name and number "Shawn" at 608-5767 He is in Canmore...

#10 ·
Newfie-mx6 said:
Anyways, I'm off to find myself a few dr. crankensteins. (no joke intended) sounded incredible.
haha yeah they are soo sweet! The main part is if you get a ported box, you get a pretty good kick out of it. And i love the fact that i only paid 50 bucks, haha.

HHBL said:
Nellie, are those switches for the underglow? What's that red button do? After seeing Nellie's car, I'm so tempted to buy another 6 to replace my faded green turtle. Argh... if I only didn't blow all that cash on that 626 I just got...
I have a underglow switch under my steering wheel. Those switches are for lights in my car. The first red switch turns the main unit on, which i hid under my alpine deck, it's a 4 channel adapter. The the next 3 turns on lights in the vents, lights on floor, and lights on ceiling giving a very cool illumination look.

Newfie-mx6 said:
I went to a few races. My first time, it was insane. I saw 2 skylines race each other, a couple of 240's and an old chevy truck burn his rubber to the rim, it was great. haha I met up with nelson and graham and went to a couple with them as well, it was a good time
Haha yeah it's soo exciting, and tons of fun. Sucked when P. Racer came out the races where pretty much done... but i'll be there next week if the weather is good, and this time maybe, u will race me eh Newfie? BTW did u get your deck working? Jordan (MAzda 6 owner) he is pretty good with stuff like that.

Graham_A_M said:
Nelly has the coolest under-car lights I've ever seen. Its like a disco under the car.. all these different colors and all.. it was so cool. Nelly's car is so damn clean.
Haha i love the kit, 10 different modes and 7 different colors. Sucks that it's illegal, but i love it, and i had to buy it, really easy to install too.

Yeah I had tons of fun meeting all of you. I totally want to do projects and buy in bulk with everyone. The meet was cool meeting all of you, and the races after was pretty exciting. You guys all had great cars, penguin your nuts, Im gonna try and go friday, maybe race, haha maybe just watch, oh and Graham, once u get that car of yours, we gotta go to race city!!!

#11 ·
yeah it was fun to get out. We should have all gone to "lets play", that never gets old. Haha I havn't been able to fit in those tunnels since i was 12. Lots of nice cars, I reallllly wish I'd made it to the races, ah well hopefully a warm spell will come and some will pick up later in the fall. HHBL if you're not liking your paint, I'm sure its nothing a good wax wouldn't bring out, worst case a rubbing compound. I think everyone was jealous of Nellie's paint, but I think he said he waxed it alot.

I am convinced I need some niteshades paint though for the taillights after saturday, and a fancier looking sub lol.

#12 ·
niteshades, such an awsome thing. It's cheap, go to auto value, i love that place, haha. wax, yeah man, i wax my car as much as i can, either i use mother's 3 stage wax, or if im lazy, i use my 24K gold wax i bought at the stampede, seems to be pretty good too.

oh and HHBL the rims, if you ever want rims, i can get you a good deal with CMS, their located on 32nd Ave NE where TNT honda use to be.

#13 · (Edited)
I haven't waxed my car since around 1998, and yep it's showing. :freak: I really should have kept it up a bit better. I actually sprained my wrist waxing it one year so I had to wear a wrist splint for some time. After that I was a bit leery about waxing. I should have brought it to one of those places like "The Shine Factory" or something, but it always was pretty low on the priority list (wedding, house, kid, car).

Now the paint is pretty damaged and faded in places so I'm not certain how much even rubbing compound is going to help. I was playing with the idea of getting it repainted, but with 380,000 km's coming up and a bunch of repairs needed, it might not be worth it. :cry:
Man, Let's Play is like a zoo for kids. It's crazy in there! :jump: LOL we spent about 2 and a half hours there so little HHBL was pretty happy. I guess six year old girls just aren't into cars. :D

Thanks Nelson for the offer on the rims - I'll remember that. :tup: It sounds like you guys had a good time at the races. Do you have any night pictures of your interior and underglow setup that you can post up? I wouldn't mind seeing that!

BTW I found a link to show you what one guy has done with high temp powdercoating. If you do more searching, there's a few people who have gone this route. Personally I wouldn't have picked dark grey, but this guy is pretty happy with the results.

http://www.mx6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139637

EDIT: Whoops, I see that you posted something in that thread before so you've seen it already!

#14 ·
Hey ya'll! I'd say that meet was a complete success! It was really nice to meet all of you and check out some of the other MX-6s in town.
Great pics by HHBL! I didn't even see the camera flash! Talk about sneaky! :D
If we can find a day with some better weather we gotta do a cruise!

Squirrel_boy: If you can get good deals on wheels, can you also get good prices on tires? Say 225/50R16?

#16 ·
im taking credit for neils boost ;)

Reactions: Penguin_Racecar
#18 ·
HHBL said:
I haven't waxed my car since around 1998, and yep it's showing. :freak: I really should have kept it up a bit better. I actually sprained my wrist waxing it one year so I had to wear a wrist splint for some time. After that I was a bit leery about waxing. I should have brought it to one of those places like "The Shine Factory" or something, but it always was pretty low on the priority list (wedding, house, kid, car).

Now the paint is pretty damaged and faded in places so I'm not certain how much even rubbing compound is going to help. I was playing with the idea of getting it repainted

I was about to say that Nelly and Shawn really need to wax your cars.. It'll make the BIGGEST DIFFERENCE!!

HHBL... honestly.. you dont need a new paint job.. all you need is something called a "Cut and polish" what that is: is basically a job to be done at a place like "the shine factory" or "the car salon" it will run you about $100-$150 or so.
What happens is that its a "power polish" using a slightly abrasive rubbing compound that actually removes a thin layer off of your clear coat. That removes ALL the (not deep) scratches and oxidization. Basically.. (trust me its nuts) the car will LOOK BRAND NEW... honestly its incredible. Like I used to have an old Chevelle.. the paint was REALLY oxidized and faded.. I dont have any pics.. but it made the car literally look like it just rolled out of the paint booth. for a 1972 car... that was the coolest thing I ever saw. I couldn't believe it was the same car when I picked it up. Best $160 I ever spent. ( I went to "the car salon" by the way)

IF you guys need any GOOD wax then I have some I can give to you. Its professional grade stuff that you can't buy in stores. I use it all the time.. and it works wonders... your car will glow in the day and night time like you wouldn't believe.. the stuff is the best out there.

Nelly.. I should have my car by Friday.. and I booked Friday and Sat. Nights off so lets go racing pal... I can't wait. damn.. its been SO long since I had my car.. about a week ago I went to Kramer Mazda just to look at it since I forgot what it looked like.. I'm not joking.. its been about a month and then some. :sigh: Jeez.. oh well. its ALMOST perfect.. next up is a refurbished transmission then I'm finally done.

#20 ·
I gotta see that Mazda Ferrari of yours sometime, G. What are you planning to do with the tranny? Racing clutch maybe? Man, you've sunk so much green into that car, that $95,000 pink Honda Civic isn't looking too bad. ;) Did you get a chance to get the front bumper fixed? Hmmm... Car Salon you say hey? I'm so there!

I'm pretty good at capturing candid moments with my camera. You get lots of practice with a little 6 year old. Just remember not to pick your nose or scratch your nads if I'm around, or else it'll be up on the internet. :muhaha: Next time we definitely need to invite some Mazda models to pose around the cars to make the pictures just a litttttle more interesting. :p Oops, is the wifey around? :angel:

#21 ·
^^^ HAHA... thats hilarious. I only sunk about $5k into the car... and will sink maybe $3k more in total I figure. The car already has sa Clutch masters Stage III clutch.. but the shift bearings and shift fork are worn... like when you gun it in reverse.. it pops out of gear.. thats a result of a worn shift fork. Its very stiff shifting: which is just worn out bearings. So it could use a transmission over-haul. That and a full CF interior.. courtesy of Zijester here on the forums.. that or fibercation.com or whatever it is. I figure that will cost about $700 USD. For the full interior... like dash.. pillars and all. BTW.. I had those HUD pillar gauges installed.. sure looks hot. I love it.

I dont know yet. I'm having a lot of trouble communicating with this Japanese company (one that I wont mention.. it'll be quite the surprise if or when I do get this car) but they have a 1993 Supra Twin Turbo up for grabs. the car is off the hook!!! Trust me .... its NUTS!!!!! I wont get into any more detail just yet.. but I need the VIN to see if its legal to have it imported into Canada: as early as 2008. (no sooner since the car HAS TO BE minimum 15 years old to the month) If it is.. then I wont fix up the mx6 any more then I have to.. since I'll be paying off the new Supra. Its a right hand JDM one and all.. its off the hook.. I can't think of any other words to use. The car is amazing. I honestly dont know if I can import it or not. In the US.. I know it can't be imported.. I REALLY hope Canada is different.. but I'll have to find out within the next week or so. What I'll be doing tommorow is heading off to Sait to talk to a Japanese language teacher.. then that person will be able to talk with this company... and I'll be able to go from there. Email doesn't work since they are entirely in Japanese... as is the case with any potential phone call.

HHBL.. you should come out to Race city on Friday.. the cars out there are NUTS.. its like the World of wheels.. but in action. I saw some of the rarest cars I've ever seen in person there.. most of them weren't racing.. but I had no Idea Pontiac made a 1989 trans am with this nutty turbo kit.. its factory.. its CRAZY you should have seen this massive turbo.. and its completely stock too.. that was cool. these older chevy trucks with these twin blowers sticking out of the hood.. its just adrenaline to the enth degree. I had a blast. I can't wait to waste Nelly with his car (jokes Nelly!)

The front bumper on the car is stil damaged.. I'm getting that and these other dings fixed at the same time.. it'll cost a grand.. plus another grand for new set of tires. so I'm a under water for a bit longer (thats after the $1200 bill that I still owe come Friday mind you!) so I'm practically checking pay phones for spare change. ITs a lot financially... and I'm saving up for a down-payment on a house too.. as well as a few other things. So its harsh.... but by my birthday.. everything should be payed off..

WHOOPIEE!!!!
Can't wait till that day.

#23 · (Edited)
By all means! :D We need some warmer weather though. Shivering Mazda models probably don't photograph well. 8D

Hopefully once it's all done up, it'll be running like new again! Just make sure you get a darn good alarm system to prevent it from rolling away... I would think though a car like that would be pretty easy to spot in Calgary! I'd just be afraid of it heading to a chop shop or something after putting in that kind of dough. BTW if you want any help with taking some photos of your car once it's all done up, I'm more than happy to help out!

A Supra would be an amazing car to own but 2008??? Wow, that's some waiting time. How much are they asking for it? Have you talked with anyone else using that Japanese export company and what experience they have with them? It sounds like a bit of a tough time just communicating with the company. I'd hate to imagine what would happen if something is misunderstood or a problem arises. I'd make sure the company is reputable and has some experience with exporting cars here.

Something's weird with this deal from (not BC) Las Vegas, Nevada:
http://www.buysell.com/root/detail/BC/1993_Domestic_Cars/2028/3/46002471/_nbsp_1993_SUPRA_TT_6_Speed_56_360.aspx
$8500??? It's an US car, but I bet the engine is totally blown or the car was salvaged. Can't be going for that cheap. Why is this guy from Nevada trying to sell his car in BC?

I just saw a silver Supra without a spoiler on the way home from work today. It had some side sill body kit on it and was lowered. You'd really need a 3 car garage to store those cars in the winter though.

Race City sounds interesting. It'd be cool to see how the cars do against each other. If you're racing, do you pick who you go up against or is it just a random draw between similar class cars?

#24 ·
^ I dont know.. I'm sure you can pick and choose.. since Nelly and I want to race. I was there for the first time last Friday. That deal of that Supra is quite sketchy.. $8500.. I'm guessing that car was stolen.. or has been stolen at some point or something.. but an area code of 702 is definately not Canada.

That Silver Supra that you saw.. I've seen that one around Chinook plenty of times. It just has the rims eh? nothing else done to it? or there is this really done up other silver (but auto) one around the MartinDale area.. driven by some Spanish kid. I've only seen him twice.
About that Supra being imported in 2008.. its worth it. Trust me.. and yes you've heard about it before I'm sure. Busy all day so I didn't get to check with the importing people. but its worth it. It should be warm on Friday (and Sat too) so hopefully there will be a big turn out. Hopefully everybody that came to the meet will come out on Friday.

Can everybody make it?

#26 ·
as for race city, the staff picks who you race against. Usually they'll try to match up cars. I've raced mostly imports, but the occasional mustang or wrx sti has kicked my ass all over.
usually if you pick lanes next to eachother and are at the end of the staging lanes at about the same time they'll try to match the cars up. SRT-4s usually race against eachother :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.