Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

As some of you know I used to be an avid poster on here but was also a member of the above club.

Sadly it is closing down for various reasons so I look forward to coming back here more often.

I still have BaBaKa, my MX-6 which has been in the wars recently but nothing that is not fixable. In fact it's in the same coachbuilders at this very moment who repaired her in Oct/Nov 2009.

See my post: http://www.mx6.com/forums/uk-lounge/251306-some-land-rover-range-rover-drivers-rubbish.html

Anyway I am looking forward to being back here more often ...:)

Have a good week.

Paula

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't think BaBaKa needs one of these ...:lol:

Babaka Beibeijia U9 Correct Posture Band Rectify Back L | eBay

Hi everyone,

As some of you know I used to be an avid poster on here but was also a member of the above club.

Sadly it is closing down for various reasons so I look forward to coming back here more often.

I still have BaBaKa, my MX-6 which has been in the wars recently but nothing that is not fixable. In fact it's in the same coachbuilders at this very moment who repaired her in Oct/Nov 2009.

Anyway I am looking forward to being back here more often ...:)

Have a good week.

Paula

·
Super Moderator
1,082 Posts
Hi Paula
Welcome back. Condolences to the OC site closure. I won't be going over to the UKPOC. I can't stand the thought of MX6 owners in the UK using a site for another car, same parts or not, sorry. Obviously there's well over a decade of info on MX6.com to be searched by members.

Good to see you.
It's been three and a half years since you picked me up at the airport to go pick up Lara - who is running very well by the way - soaring through 3 MOTs consumables only needed, 70,000 miles, purring like a kitten.

Elmer

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hi Mark,

Thank you for the welcome back ...:)

I found out today from UKPOC's admin that no agreement was reached with UKPOC and MX6OC in a formal merger.

Although it says differently here on MX6OC ... MX6OC • Information

So I am so glad that we still have MX6.com ...:tup:

Luckily one of MX6OC's members has done the following:

This is the final e-mail from mx6oc.com.(Slightly edited by me)

Chris has kindly done a live backup of the site for posterity,
it's a large file close to 3GB I believe, but it can be burned to a DVD and
viewed on your PC. Most of the links will work as if you were browsing the
site online... although it can't be guaranteed 100% as links to peoples
pics and so forth could change.

This means access to all the posts and tech info will be available to
members, there will probably be a small charge to cover the cost of burning
and mailing out these discs. Chris is becoming or even might already be a member of UKPOC so I am sure he will pick up on this thread and give MX-6 owners (and Ford Probe) on here further info.

Personally this is great news otherwise loads of valuable information would have been lost forever.

So I will be getting a copy, afterall I still want to see my 3055 posts since July 2009 ... :lol:

I am on 2290 here ... ;)

So if anyone on here wants a copy, please pm me and I will give you further details once I have them from Chris, of course.

Mark I am well glad that Lara 3 is running good.

Take care

Paula

Hi Paula
Welcome back. Condolences to the OC site closure. I won't be going over to the UKPOC. I can't stand the thought of MX6 owners in the UK using a site for another car, same parts or not, sorry. Obviously there's well over a decade of info on MX6.com to be searched by members.

Good to see you.
It's been three and a half years since you picked me up at the airport to go pick up Lara - who is running very well by the way - soaring through 3 MOTs consumables only needed, 70,000 miles, purring like a kitten.

Elmer

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Suddenly realised ... :idea:

I have been a member here for nearly 10 years ...:cool: That's quite a percentage of my life.

I was a member of the UK MX-6 Owner's Club for 4 years until it closed down.

I first fell in love with our cars in 2002 when my friend John bought an ATX '93 in red which I drove a lot.

At Lydden Hill race circuit - August 2003

I then bought BaBaKa which is a manual car in March/April 2005....Oh Gee that's over 8 years now. Where does all the time go folks ... :eek:

Near East Horsley,Surrey - November 2011

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Man those are good looking cars. My 95 is red as well but looks no where near as good as that. These cars look good in about every color , kinda a rare quality in a car.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hiya ... :wave:

Thank you .. :)

I don't know but your car looks pretty special to me ... :cool: http://www.mx6.com/forums/members/albums/62145-tjvjr/few-pics-my-95-mx6-6-picture16-8.html

and you have two of them ... :tup:

I agree re the colours.

Mine is Noble Green II Mica (11N) although it looks blue out of the direct sunlight and black in the evening ... :lol:

John's godson used to say to him "Are you bringing the Ferrari today" cos of the colour and looks of the Mazda. He reckoned that if you removed the Mazda badges and replaced them with 'The Prancing Horse' it would look like a Maranello product as our cars are so stunning.

As it says in my 1996 brochure " Probably the most beautiful coupe ever created - The MX-6 has the unmistakable look of a thoroughbred sports coupe combined with a surprising amount of space ".

Take care and have fun.

Man those are good looking cars. My 95 is red as well but looks no where near as good as that. These cars look good in about every color , kinda a rare quality in a car.

·
Super Moderator
1,082 Posts
Hmmmm speaking of different colours. I got a friend of mine to do some photoshop on mine so I could see what Plastidip would look like. See the matt ones below and let me know what your favourite is:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The top one in white, and the mean looking matt black version are my favourites ... :cool:

Definitely not the mauve/pinkish versions .. :V

The other ones are nice too.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi all
went to post on the mx6oc forum and it stated it had merged with the ford probe owners club forum:(
Well shouldn't be surprised as we was expecting this to happen,personally i think the mx6 is a far superior car and shouldn't be merged with a dagenham dustbin.
So hopefully the old members will come over hear to a dedicated mx6 site.

The cars i love the yellow one and also the matt black looks fantastic.

·
Super Moderator
1,082 Posts
Hmmmm. I dunno. Pink one is growing on me.

Eh no. That one was for fun lol.
Deffo black orange or yellow I think.
Elmer

·
Super Moderator
1,082 Posts
EEEK! Sound the Ford Probe attack alarm!!! lol
Elmer

1 - 16 of 16 Posts