Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 93 4 cyl mx6 and i need some help on wut i can do to the car and how much will it cost me to do so. and should i start from body and in or in and out??? my car got 97k on it. how long will it last??

thanks.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Well, to start of, you can wash it...

Is it MTX or ATX. If ATX - don't bother respond - just sell it and come back later when will have 5 speed beast, ok?

·
Registered
314 Posts
MadMAxMx-6- Wait wait, what are you saying to him? Sell his ATX? I do not understand the ignorance of some people on this board sometimes. Just because he has ATX does not mean he cannot do anything to the car, sure MTX would be better, but what can you do? You might as well tell him to sell his MX6 and get a Supra....

TiGErStyLeMX6- Do you have a manual or auto tranny? There are plenty of mods for both that you can do. First one I would recommend though for an auto is a tranny cooler, and have the fluid changed reguraly with redline.

·
Registered
293 Posts
HE-he

ha-ha-ha

·
Registered
20 Posts
if i was you i would start with the basics like a cold air intake. even an exhaust would be a good place to begin. as far as intakes there are a few good systems for your car.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im a newbie at all this stuff so i dont know much. well how much hp can i put on to my car?? and wut do i need to do? how much would i need to spend to make my car nice ?.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Intake and exhaust is a start, although exhaust on our cars is adding like 1-2hp...so its better just to get a after market muffler or get a aftermarket muffler and have a shop custom bend you a catback exhaust(nice sound and much cheaper than a 500 name brand one). If you go to www.corksport.com they have quite a bit of Jspec products that can really help the HP on the MX6. The amount of money depends on how much faster you want your car and how long you wish to keep it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm in the same boat

I have the same car (4 cyl/atx) with 60k and just invested in the timing belt/water pump, and full body restoration.

It sure looks nice...but it is lacking power.
Can't recover the costs if i sell her so.....

Can anyone give me any suggestions on how to increase the pick-up? Are the chip replacements worth considering? Anyone know how i can find someone to perform the mods (queens, NY).

I want to have the tranny cooler installed too - can someone recommend a brand/model.

·
Registered
293 Posts
to increase the pick up

As I said before, if you had manual, just down shift and here is your pick up- get her up to 6500 rpm and feel the joy!
Until then, my mex will blow your socks off and run circles around your atx [email protected] :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts