Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i was driving my g/f's 6 a couple months ago and this was when we had a clutch slippin like hell. Goin down the road and this prelude that souded like total **** pulls out (no resinators), so figured hell y not see if he wants to race,well i kinda got on it a little and i heard him speed up a little so i dropped it to 2nd at 50, and at that time i heard him punch it to, well i had him for a couple sec. and figured i was gonna win, all the sudden the damn thing comes flyin buy me like i was sittin still. we got to a light and i asked him what he had done and he said H22,msd ignition system, headers,Cai,and clutch. o and by the way the clutch was slippin all the way through second and still when i hit 3rd, i might have held him off a little longer with a good clutch but he still would have beat me.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Damn vtechs

Hondas with V tecs realy open up at high rpm !!!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
what color was it? there is a prelude around knoxville who has a turbo with the blowoff valves on the inside so you cant hear it, and he goes around busting people all the time.... and he lies about it so people will bet him money so......

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
prelude

it is red,no wing,body kit is kinda messed up in front, and it is loud as hell and sounds like god awfull ****, o jesse did you get my e-mail, i think i have seen you around goodlettsville.

·
Registered
848 Posts
What year/body style was it? The 4th gen 93-96 H22's are the quickest due to less weight than the 97-01.

Stock for stock it's usually a driver's race, even though the Prelude has the higher hp, and same ammount of tourqe advantage over our car's (not mine:D )

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
prelude

It was like a 97-01, it has alot more done that us and we had a clutch slippin like hell to so we were about as slow as a geo

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I raced a 97 lude with bodykit and huge wheels, he had exaust, headers, CAI, shortthrow shifter....off the dig i murdered him up to about 60 when he started to pass me..at 80 he was completley in front of me...the lude was a little ragged though...

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
gurlsrace2 said:
figured i was gonna win, all the sudden the damn thing comes flyin buy me like i was sittin still.
Not on a Prelude, the VTEC will pull hard on top end, should've stay aggressive all the way, the result might be different. I had a chance to drive my buddy 99 AV6 VTEC, that thing pull crazy above 3k :)

·
Registered
440 Posts
yea my cousin got a 94 predule completely suped up the vtechs on them turn on at 5000rpm thats how they just get that extra boost

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Anyone know how fast the 97-01 model is? Some guy here wants to race me. I have never met him but apparently he knows my car.

Apparently its stock or near stock, may be with just a partial exhaust. Pretty confident I would have him though.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Depends if it's an auto or 5-spd, if it's an auto you can take hime, 5-spd would a close race :)

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Its a manual I imagine. I was looking on the prelude sites, seems like [email protected] seems to be what they do, even with full exhaust. My last time out was a [email protected], with my best being a 14.8, so I should have a bit of top end over him I imagine. Just gotta try get the thing off the line!

·
Registered
848 Posts
timtx5 said:
Its a manual I imagine. I was looking on the prelude sites, seems like [email protected] seems to be what they do, even with full exhaust. My last time out was a [email protected], with my best being a 14.8, so I should have a bit of top end over him I imagine. Just gotta try get the thing off the line!
You should definatly have him by about 2-3 cars in the 1/4 mile.

I raced my friends 01 w/cai, stage III clutch, fidanza flywheel, muffler) and he beat me by 1 car (he's a VERY good driver) and I also spun a bit too much. My MX-6's (LS) best time was a [email protected]

I'm confident enough that I think you should put some ca$h up for this race:tup:

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Yeah im pretty sure it would be right.

I think the strip times arent the best indication due to the surface up here, its more like driving in the rain. I wheelspin to the top of second gear. 60 foots are usually like 2.5seconds.

I really doubt he would be game to take it to the strip to race me though, seems a lot of people are all talk and wont put up infront of a crowd.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
My friends got a 01 with the triptronic and its damn fast. I think he would stay with me. Hes got a CAI and cat-back. Im on the only one thats drivin it:D I loved every all of it. My friend said it was a lot faster when I drove it. I reved the hell out of it though, my friend shifts before redline.

I love the sound of VTEC!!!!!

·
Registered
848 Posts
mx6GT91 said:
My friends got a 01 with the triptronic and its damn fast.
Ummm... I don't know what you're smoking but it must be really good, because auto Prelude's (regardless of year) with typical bolt on's are high 15 to low 16 sec car's. If that's "fast" to you, then you obviously have never driven/ridden in a true fast car.

Bottom line is... auto NA 4 cyl cars (especially Honda's) are VERY slow

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
mx6GT91 said:
My friends got a 01 with the triptronic and its damn fast. I think he would stay with me. Hes got a CAI and cat-back. Im on the only one thats drivin it:D I loved every all of it. My friend said it was a lot faster when I drove it. I reved the hell out of it though, my friend shifts before redline.

I love the sound of VTEC!!!!!
First off, I'm not to sure that I would call those fast...I raced one, my friends 97 triptronic, with a full cat-back system, and my car is an auto, and I was ahead of him until we hit about 90kmph, then he just sorta walked past me as his car started to freaking scream. In the quarter mile it woulda been super close I think, but maybe he sucks at driving the triptornic. O yeah, whoever called mx6GT91's car slow, take a look at his mods...

-Bryce

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
I didnt really mean that it was "FAST" but it wasnt slow.....
I have to say it really pulled nicly. BTW, intakes do wonders on those cars. Before the intake I took off his restrictor and you could feel the VTEC kick in. With the intake it was a big jump

I have driven fast cars. My friend bought a 91 Eclipse GS turbo. StageIII chip. It was only boosting about 13-14psi but it was damn fast. My car of course............:D
My friends got a 350Z, its only got an intake but its fast, also his B20 swaped CRX that runs 12.3 on drag radials. my other friends 00 Civic SI with nothing but mods. Im sure theres more
Thats a good list to be 17........hehe

1 - 18 of 18 Posts