Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well i got new tyres the other day lol bout time lol...

anyway, was cruising around with my mate heading around to another mates place we drove past this section in the road, which had been cut out and was all gravel/dirt thats on a 80 degree corner... so i thought thats it....cant resist.. so drove past it went down the road a bit turned around came back and poped the car into second and just let rip... stone flying from the wheels and left a nice mark hehe just as i hit the road i saw this old guy out the front off his house with a camera and he shouted "THANK YOU" so i stoped... and asked him "What you say" he said "Thanks for the picture your going to be fined now" i was like WTF i said back "Want me to do it again ? get a better shot ?"

I was kinda confused about this.... for him to get the photo taken at the right time seeing my car cutting up the corner would have to be luck...so if it actually is taken right and he shows the cops and it shows me cutting up the corner flicking stones etc...what do you think would happen ? Its not like im ****ting myself i was laughing at the old **** all the way around to my mates place..

He could of be faking it aswell you never know...

He must of been sitting outside of his house for while waiting for someone to do it..

But yeah i dont know ?

·
Registered
155 Posts
cops often don't have time for these sort of people, he probably goes in there every day hassling them to take his photos. I think you'll be right. Apparently a photo is not allowed to be taken of the front of the car due to privacy reasons or some such thing. DOn't quote me, just something i heard.

Just use "It was an accident" anyway

·
Registered
160 Posts
As i law student i feel obligated to have a say about the matter...

Firstly, a photo can be taken of a car, whether by the public or a governmental authority i.e RTA (Red light camera, speed camera etc)

In my opinion, you will at the very least receive a fine for reckless driving and atleast a few demerit points will be taxed from your record...

I dont want to scare you dude, but it doesnt look good...i doubt that you will go to court though.

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah well.....i dont think i could really be fined for it...i mean its his word against mine plus i can get my mate to say what happened.. just got on the accelrator too quick and the wheels spun lol

·
Registered
123 Posts
i wouldnt say a thing unless i saw the photo, DONT admit to spinning the wheels unless the photo shows it.

i reckon its unlikley he would have a good shot unless u were sliding for a fair while

·
Registered
215 Posts
When the coppers come and ask just say the old guy is your deranged uncle who is suffering badly with dimentia. He forgets that he's related to you and the picture that was taken was actually on your private property by your father who's older brother is your deranged uncle with dimentia.

Pardon the pun, but you get my drift? :D

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
This is where you finish the old guy. people have tried me.
Yeah You want my photo how about it your front door.

A few eggs a few sticks of TNT - fireworks, petrol you know all the good stuff.

I see people like this, the Cops don't do anytihng as you can easily get off it yep you can, they hate you takign it to court as it costs them time. So what they do s put it on there list BLah BLah Bla car is seen doing bad things so when they do get you they Pump you hard.

Like this persons house I know has a number of blakc marks in front of it, So someone Questioned Why so many marks so they also installed 2 Highway patrol cars to do rounds around that house everyday.

The worse they can do is take you for a EPA inspection or RTA inspection. They send a leeter and if you don't go your REGO gets cancelled.

I remember when my mates Gemini was on the COPS DB with approx 25 hits a lits of 25 things it was reported doing.
From Travelling on footpath, to someone showing parts of body to police and others. This was on private property so we got away but still listed. Best one was NO HORN was listed so everytime they checked the horn.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
well u say the road was gravel...simply say u were trying to make the turn quickly and the wheels spun due to the gravel...i doubt very much u would get fined for somethin like that...ur word against a standing-still picyure which doesnt say much...

p.s. u know where the old fart lives...knock on his door one day just to say "hi" :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Put it this way, no offence to jules but I know some law students and they don't know crap about anything. Trust the graduates, not the students, and even then, trust the honmest lawyers, not the crooks. I also know a couple of the head big wigs in the DPP and they said they would have to research to find the relevant legislation on the topic and the "chances of fines would be slim".

My previous knowledge on the subject is how tx5lover stated, the police dont have time for happy snaps from an old codger and this would no doubt not be the first time he has done that. However, if the pictures come across the desk of a junior constable and you might be in trouble. He/she is usually trying to make the community and his boss happy so he will bust anyone's ar5e to make him/her look good.

In summary, its hard to say, depends whether the cop can be btohered, as most cops are lazy and useless, i think you should be in the clear.

shaun

·
Registered
237 Posts
Similar thing happend to me, well not really, but an old man got me and my mates plates. We were in a empty car park at about 9pm testing my boost controller i just put it, basically stopping and starting . Anyway this guys been watching us (didnt see him for first half hour , then saw realised he had been watchin whole time) and claims we were dragging and he is gonna call the cops. So we leave , go home and sure enough 5 minutes later, 2 pigs come up to my door and ask who drives my car. I say me , they ask to see if my parents are there and i get them.
They ask what we were doing and i didnt want a yellow for controller, gauges ,exhaust so i told em we were just hanging around in carpark for car to cool down as it overheated.

He sort of bought it, goes to my mates house ( i called him first and gave him a heads up they were comin and told em to say same thing) anyway mate ****s his dacks, tells pigs the truth and that we were basically doing 100 in a car park . He goes and gets some witness accounts they say we were dragging and doing burnouts(which we werent, and testing a boost controller is hardly dragging since nobody was next to me racing me) Pigs get angry come back to my house , tell me they want to charge me for wasting police time , perverting cause of justice ,lying to cops and wrecklass driving. Basically enough if they wanted to , to put me in jail for a few months(or a hefty bail). They said since it was first offence for me to come to station next day , tell them what REALLY happend , and then they will decide if they wanna charge me or not.

I got off ...just , but my parents chucked a crap and took my car away for a month.

All because of this prick of an old man saying we always go there and burn out etc (which we never did)

I hate old men.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Don’t sweat it there was only one of him and you have a witness..
So what if he has a picture … what is the context surrounding it.. it is only his word. the cops wont take the case on .. they wont win in court..
Silly old fart..

·
Registered
236 Posts
Is it just me or does everyone picture a particular old man in their neighbourhood doing this. Is this a valid Australian stereotype, i think so.

shaun.

·
Registered
160 Posts
YUN-33K, for the record i am a clerk for a top tier law firm, and i do basically everything a lawyer does...draft, go to court...etc..

And after a few minutes of research i found this...read this carefully dude this relates to your situations and subsection 3 offers a mechanism by which you may have a defence...but just hope that the photos are not incriminating as they can be used in court....

ROAD TRANSPORT (SAFETY AND TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT) ACT 1999 - SECT 41
Conduct associated with road and drag racing and other activities
41 Conduct associated with road and drag racing and other activities
(cf Traffic Act, s 4BA)

(1) A person must not, on a road or road related area, operate a motor vehicle in such a manner as to cause the vehicle to undergo sustained loss of traction by one or more of the driving wheels (or, in the case of a motor cycle, the driving wheel) of the vehicle.
Maximum penalty: 5 penalty units.
(2) A person must not operate a motor vehicle contrary to subsection (1) knowing that any petrol, oil, diesel fuel or other inflammable liquid has been placed on the surface of the road or road related area beneath one or more tyres of the vehicle.
Maximum penalty: 7 penalty units.
(3) In any proceedings for an offence under subsection (1) or (2), it is a defence if the person charged satisfies the court that the vehicle, although operated as referred to in subsection (1), was not so operated deliberately.
(4) A person must not, on a road or road related area, engage in conduct prescribed by regulations made for the purposes of this section, being conduct associated with the operation of a motor vehicle for speed competitions or other activities specified or described in the regulations.
Maximum penalty: 5 penalty units.
(5) Nothing in this section applies to the operation of a motor vehicle for the purposes of a race, attempt or trial undertaken in accordance with an approval given under section 40 by the Commissioner of Police.

·
Registered
236 Posts
once again jules, i did mean no offence, but an opinion without evidence and conviction is as good as an opinion by any tom, d1ck and/or harry.

I appreciate the act you have provided for perusal of the forum members but where is the case history on the issue. Has there been prior convictions that have led to adjournments, suspended sentances, waived fines or anything.

As i dont have the facilities to view or display these case histories, I can't comment above my opinion that the cops are lazy and "nothing" happening would be the most statistically accurate answer.

shaun.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Its all cool dude, as for the case law....

In the legal sphere many cases are not reported...these are less serious infringements called summary offences, as aposed to indictable offences (these are sometimes not even reported)...

A minor offence such as this, would in my opinion, not warrant it to be reported..

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Jules there is no doubt he did break the road rules/law .. Like if there was copper there they would have nabbed him and enforced the law on him..
but after the fact, Photo or not.. for such a minor crime, that lets face it goes on all the time.. the cops are not going to be interested..
it is to hard for them to prove any thing.. they could, but they know they would have to take him to court and all the trimmings . it is not as cut and dried as if the guy watching him was a police man..
so yea!.. lol

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Look just get some explosives throw them at his house and leave.
Anything more simple.

Or just walk up to the guy hit him in head next time take the camera. Put it in chas converters after you remove the film.

It's just like Water restriction guys, hes says here is $200 fine
Whats your name? Howard the Hunt!
Do you live here ? NO I live 3 doors down a couple of streets away and BLA BLAH
by this time his car is on bricks and wheels in the back of the Flats on the way for a sale. Or take the whole car.
it's why some how people still uses hoes in my neck of the woods

People who can't mind there business, should be put in their place.
Maybe I live in a different world But everything I know about taking care of the area is from Good Old Fair Dinkum Aussies.

You know it makes sense !
I'm THE RODHOG
PUT THEM IN THEIR PLACE

1 - 19 of 19 Posts