Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got busted by a resevation cop, so it dosen't go on my record or my insurance but I got screwed out of 104 bucks

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
wait... he raced you , THEN pulled you over?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
so i don't get it! He raced you in an undercover car then pulled you over for it? That is entrapment and is totally illegal! Fight it if that's the case. If not correct me b/c I'm confused.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I wonder if the laws on Reservations are different? After all he isn't getting a slap on the wrist by either the DOT or his insurance company.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No No No! I was just cruising at a measly 77 mph in a 60, not causing harm to anybody, and he is one of those ****s that flips his radar on late, so he got me as soon as my detector went off. Stage36 should know what I'm talking about if you've ever been up north of Santa Fe, if your location is correct. I only said that it was a kill story because if my dad found out, I'd get killed. But everything is going to get taken care of with out him knowing.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
yeah, i know what you mean... dont have to go north of santa fe...LOL

tribals pull you over for ANYTHING. jeez...

G

·
I got smoked by a cap. he was in a undercover car and pulled up besides me and asked me if i wanted to race. all i did was put my window up and waited for the light to change. i smoked his ass.but all of a sudden two damn cop cars came rampaged like a ****ing morons and pulled me over. i was so pissed off. $180 ticket.But i guess if your doing 120 in a 45 it would be right.im admazed i did not get arrested.lol:cool:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I gotta call my cousin, he has like two grand in radar detecting/blocking devices and shit like that.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Lightrida said:
Get a good radar and mount it underneath the dash.
a Radar? you planning on tracking some speed or what?

if youre talking about a detector then it would be useless also with visual confirmation and instant-on. the way to get out of this ticket is to say that the officer provoked illegal activity... in which case you wtill might not get out of it. i mean... if they can sell drugs and get away with it, racing aint sh!t. try for entrapment. if he didnt break the speed limit then youre screwed too. dont even fight it...

·
Registered
352 Posts
From what I know almost all the cop cars around me are super charged, including one of the three Expeditions (I believe thats what they are).

As far as the radar detector goes: if a cop sees one on your dash even if it isn't illegal in your state you are much more likely statisticly to get a ticket. It wouldn't even be worth your breath to try to talk your way out of that ticket, by you having a radar dector it tells him that you intend to speed.

If it is mounted above the dash a cop can easily pick one out driving behind you, and even if they are legal in your state the cop will lower his tolerance. Basicly he'll pull you over for doing a speed that he normally would have let go. So best to keep your detectors out of plain sight.

The best advice for getting out of a ticket, given that you weren't able to talk yourself out of one is not to say anything stupid like "I'll see you in court." Then that cop is going to expect to see you in court, go back to his car and write a detailed report so he is prepared.

What to do: when the officer starts giving the speach on procedure of pleading, yada, yada, yada, interupt him and ask if you can plead guilty by mail (the answer will be yes). But the officer has just grouped you with the thousands of others he has pulled over in his career, and would have forgotten all about you by the end of the day, never the less the court date;)

Judges also like it when you have notes, jot down everthing from the weather to the officers description. The more details the better. The reason I emphisize the officers description is that believe it or not, some times the officer that shows up to the court date is not the one that pulled you over.
Just make sure you don't let the cop see you jotting anything down, then he'll suspect you will plead not guilty and be more than prepared for court.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts