Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOL Yesterday was the first day I put my car on the road (1988 MX-6 GT. Last night I saw a 3000GT fly by me as I entered the highway, so I got on it and caught up to it by the time I was doing 100. I couldn't see what trim it was yet, so I continued to slowly pass it (he was probably doing 90 or so). Well I get about 2 cars ahead doing about 110 and all of a sudden, he just cruised by me like I wasn't even moving, THEN I knew it was a VR-4 without even seeing it, than I looked more closely and saw the VR-4. I kept going at about 120-125 and he probably didn't get more than 6-7 cars ahead of me (probably not all the way on it). After reading some of your guys' top speeds, I am a little discouraged my car didn't go any faster than it did, my car just stopped accelorating in 5th at about 123 or so. I would have brought it to 140 but it didn't wanna go. It is unbelieveable how great the car handles at 120 though, real smooth. Getting beat that badly at those speeds definately makes me want to run some mods.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
try the galant VR-4 then move up from there...

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
J-spec...I'm sorry but I didn't understand your reply. Can you expand? Now Matt you had no chance against a V6 3L twin turbo charged engine. Those cars are fast... if memory serves me right they run something like a 13.6 in the quarter stock. Now I could be wrong b/c supercars.net has it at 14.2, but I think it's actually faster. At least you tried... I wouldn't in a million years.

Can anyone else find an eta for the 3000GT VR-4?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's not like I knew I had a chance when I found out it was a VR-4. If it were an SL, I'm pretty sure it would have been alot closer. Plus I wanted to find out how much i would get beat by.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts