Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering who else on the site has genuinely raced a Ferrari. It was last summer (This my first post in this section)..... and he pulled up beside me at a light .... It was deserted..... I revved my 6 just to see if he would bother wasting rubber on me..... and no response...... and yet...... just before the light turned..... I hear all 12 cylinders rise to a nice roar....... and the beautiful squeal of the Ferrari's rear Pirelli's..... I was with him for the first ten feet while our wheels were spinning...... and then he was gone...... and I was left with nothing but the sight of that FINE FERRARI ASS and the beautiful tone of its quad tubes................ MMMMM MMMMM...... True story........ No BS here. Similar stories are welcome.... This one was a newest body style silver Ferrari 550 Maranello... even had the "challenge" carbon fiber rear grille...... as I remember.. not positive on that..... its been a while..................

The highlight of last summer.......... you can imagine.

Mike

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
i challenge several cars just to see them run. I've challenged a WS6 Trans-Am Ram Air to a race... it was a site and sound to remember... true American horse power. I've challenged an NSX to a race. He laughed and said he'll show me what it could do and to just sit back and watch in my car! I watched a 10sec 91 Mustang LX Coupe 5.0 whoop my ass knowingly... the engine sounded sooooooo goooooood tooooo as he pulled away. And lastly, my crowning achievement was a blue Viper with white racing stripes. I didn't start anything I just think he was showing off to the chick in his passenger seat.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I've done something way more stupid. I was on the 5 (california) heading home from LAX, when a Diablo pull up next to me. It was pretty heavy traffic, so it became a lane chaning match. We were doin about 35 all the way in mid noon congested traffic, if you live in cali you know what i'm talkin about, that is way fast for that kinda traffic. Well i kept up with him for a good 10 minutes, and damn that thing can change lanes, i had to down shift a few times just to keep up. Than an clearing came up, we both got into it, and wam, he went off like a freakin rocket, 0-60 in under 4 will do that to yah. Proud to say i kept up with a Diablo though.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I used to have access to a pristine 1986 Porsche 911 Targa back when I had just gotten my license. I had no idea how to handle that thing. I almost wrecked it a number of times but that car just had such good manners it was like the thing had a guardian angel or something. It had by far the heaviest clutch I've ever experienced. Anyway one day I was cruising back to the owners house when I drive by this Ferrari 308 quattrovalvole stopped at a sign on my left. He made it a point to leave a patch to get my attention and got on my tail. I wussed out and pulled off at a right hand fork because the car was worth more than my life at the time and I wasn't sure I could handle it. I've regretted it ever since. If I had given in to the challenge it would have been sweet. The intersection light we would have started from starts out two lanes but merges into one a short while after the light. That Porsche would have spanked the Ferrari because the 308's were slow. I also backed down from a challenge by an old turbo trans-am once too. Boy if I could have those days back. I never wrecked the car despite my best efforts. I guess I should consider myself lucky.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts