Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much would a decent GPS that is made to mount in a car cost, and where could I order one online? Ive seen them for about $350-$1000, but we really dont want to spend that much. Is it possible to get a decent one for $200-$250 that isnt a piece of crap?

I checked Circuit City and Best buy websites. BB doesnt have them (so the website says) and CC is expensive as hell.

Ebay is also expensive.

Maybe Radio Shack?

Also, how do they work? You just buy the GPS device, and it automatically works off the satellite, or is there a monthly charge you get, like you do with XM Radio?

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
When buying a Navigation system keep an eye out on the map software. Each Navigation system will be able to accept maps and regions. A cheaper one for say wont have the map style that you want or just only charts a small region. growing -up my best friend always leased the newest LEXUS with NAv system. The LEXUS system is pretty good .it's map software has a great range and buffer rate is very fast.when you buy the system it comes with an antenna and service is free correct me if im wrong:argue: ( Higher-End = Better )

if that helped in any way feel free to karma:zzz:
Any-ways have fun with it man Puma_kid

1 - 4 of 4 Posts