Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do0d, I don't know what happened but my sleek 5 speed 93 mx6 got blown out of the water this weekend by my homies 98 grand am v6. I guess mx6's really do suck...LONG LIVE GRAND AM!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
dude that doesnt mean the 6 sux but hell Grand Am's, as well as ALMOST ALL other GM cars got some decent balls, so dont worry bout it bro...just go beat up on some civic or corollas or old accords next time...and did anyone else happen to hear about that Grand Am GTO prototype.. man that thing stock has a 3.4 V6 that kicks out 215hp and does the quarter in 14.3 and a 0-60 in 6 flat...If i didnt own a sweet ass mazda I'd be all over that or any other GM CAR right now

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
hmmm

Must have been lack of drivin skills on your part....
hahaha.. just kiddin man, Im soon to battle a grand prix GT 99, im sure Ill beat him, just need my clutch first...
good luck next time..

·
Registered
734 Posts
Something went terribly wrong because Grand AM's are a pitiful excuse for a "SPORTY CAR"

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rufnek, I wish it was lack of skill on my behalf, but it shames me to admit that the better car won. You have to look at the facts though, it wasn't much of a contest...not only was it 5 years newer with 60,000 less miles, but it also has a much bigger engine. Don't get me wrong...the MX6 is a nice car...but the only way that it can touch a large number of cars on the road is by putting nearly as much money into it as you paid to buy it. All those modifications can make any car faster. Everybody just needs to realize that, the world would be a better place.

·
Registered
44 Posts
rufnek sorry buddy but i doubt, in fact i pretty much know we cant beat Grand Prix especially as new as a 99', the GT's have well over 200 hp and i highly doubt u could take it...if its a GTP than **** u better run those babies have 240hp and ur ass will be handed to u so bad.....i think we should start putting down GM cars b/c they make some badass rides over there and we tend to forget that

·
Registered
135 Posts
haha. wow, mazdamaniac, you're pretty funny, considering the fact that you're lying. and dude, i doubt your MOM'S grand am would "kill" me. maybe when you get your own car and beat me, we'll talk. oh yeah... your mom spent somewhere between 20 and 25 grand on that car im guessing, whereas i got mine for 6000, mine looks better (in many peoples opinions), and you don't see dozens of them anytime you go out. just my "two cents".

·
Registered
44 Posts
dude i'd like to know who's beating grand am's and with what cause i got the same problem... I just keep losing to this one GT in my neighborhood... its an auto but those things pump out a good 175 with the V6 these days..so i guess my 4 banger just cant handle it

·
Registered
135 Posts
mazda4president: in case you haven't noticed, not too many people have too much negative stuff to say about gm cars in here. that might be because they make some fast cars. maybe you should get a little less defensive about the gm cars, eh? on a similar note... with the exception of the cadillac eldorado/seville and the chevrolet corvette, i have yet to like the interior in any gm car. ESPECIALLY pontiacs. the red instrumentation and that font they use is completely tasteless.

·
Registered
44 Posts
WELL 4BANGER I APPRECIATE THE CONCERN BUT MY REASONING IS THAT I DONT THINK GM CARS GET ENOUGH CREDIT FROM THE LIKES OF SOME FOREIGN DRIVERS...i mean i drive an mx6 and all but thats b/c i got it cheap and its low maintanance..i dont think its the faster car in the world like some of my 6'er companions in here do...and i just thought i'd point out that GM makes some fine automobiles... so damn fast ones too that sorry us mx'ers arent ever gonna touch without some serious mods

·
Registered
120 Posts
Geez! All things being equal I SURE hope to hell the Damn Am..sorry, I mean the Grand Am better beat the MX6. It's a bigger engine!! Come on now! A 3.4 vs a 2.5?! The 3.4 is pushing 63hp per litre. While the 2.5 is pushing 66hp per litre. A 3.4L car that is newer and STILL in production is ONLY pumping out 215hp?! Please! That's just plain sad! Come on GM engineers! Get off yer lazy ass and stop using large displacement as an excuse for easy HP! The MX6's HP to Litre ratio ain't the greatest either, but it first debuted in 92 (as a 93 model!!) If the Damn Am...(oops, did it again) didn't beat the MX6. Then that car has got problems. (Or does it already?) Sure, ANY car company can make big engines. Hell, if gas didn't cost so much these days, manufacturers can make 10L V6s if they want. But is it practically and feasible?!?! HELL NO! Anbody can make big engines and make it pump out horses, but the quality of the engineering of the engine shows the true ability of a manufacturer.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Screw Grand AM's. I haven't seen one yet that can't make me laugh. I piss my pants when I line up to GTP's though. I am getting a second car soon and I looked long and hard at Grand Prix's. I like Grand Prix, but the Grand AM is ugly, slow, and something that little high school punks drive like it is really a Prix GTP or GTX.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.