Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my buddy just picked up a grand prix 99 GT..
and well, being the pride filled Mx6er that I am, of course I cant let him get away with all the trash talk. He thinks he will be able to crush my m4mx6ls-stik with his automatic GT. Before I race him though, I was wondering what all y'all thought about this... do you think I'll beat him?? or is he gonna kick my ass? he is kikin a 3.8 V6, but Im hoping that becasue our cars are lighter and more nimble, i should be able to beat him... whaddya think??

btw i do have a new magna flow and a stainless cat-bak, this is my only mod (the GT is stock)

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes the V6

why close??
because he is heavy and bigger?

and im smaller and fast?

·
Registered
379 Posts
If it is a GT as you say, then it has GM's naturally aspirated 3800 V6, good for 200 horsepower, and the cars will be a dead match for each other in the 0-60 run. However, if the Grand Prix in question is a GTP (a lot of people seem to confuse the two trim levels), then it has a supercharged version of the same V6, good for 240 horespower, and will be faster. Double-check on this before you race the guy.

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kewl,

he definantly does not have the GTP, its only the GT

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
It may be close

It might come down to how well you know your car (and know how to shift).

Do tell us what happens! No one ever follows up when they tell us someone wants to race them.

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
little while

well, it may be a little while yet, only because i need a new clutch, I find that when I gunn it around, my clutch doesnt grab it too quickly. Thus, I would be at a disadvantage... soon as I replace my clutch and grab my short throw shifter Ima gonna take it to the line with him... im sure I'll beat him. I just cant wait to put him in his place hahahahah

94mx6lsv6-stik
stainless cat-bak+magnaflow

G

·
0 Posts
Re: little while

It will be close, you will have a pretty good run for your money, watch out though.. at higher speeds I think most of it will be inhis favor because of where his power curve is and the incredible amount of torque fo such a small displacement.

·
Registered
374 Posts
My friend just bought a 2000 GTP and me being the curious person i am i raced him. Well i got him off the line and he ended up taking me up to 90. he beat me by about 3 cars not too bad figuring i have an auto ( but i cheated i have the IAT mod done) <-- this helps. but to answer the question if you are a decent driver i don't see a problem beating him, but don't miss a gear or he will be all over you ! Later

G

·
0 Posts
If I read it right the guy that posted this article has a 4 cyl. The GTP would eat a 4cyl. for lunch...

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
4cyl?

hell no!... i gots da 6cyl!

hense

LS94mx6
(i thought LS only came in V6)
could be wrong though

thanx for the feedback all yall... i cant wait to put is trash talkin ass in its place..

G

·
0 Posts
Rufnek69 said:
So my buddy just picked up a grand prix 99 GT..
and well, being the pride filled Mx6er that I am, of course I cant let him get away with all the trash talk. He thinks he will be able to crush my m4mx6ls-stik with his automatic GT. Before I race him though, I was wondering what all y'all thought about this... do you think I'll beat him?? or is he gonna kick my ass? he is kikin a 3.8 V6, but Im hoping that becasue our cars are lighter and more nimble, i should be able to beat him... whaddya think??

btw i do have a new magna flow and a stainless cat-bak, this is my only mod (the GT is stock)
You put "m4mx6ls" I was confused.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts