Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some probe fellas have organised a drive down one of the worlds best touring routes this Sunday (29th April) and we're invited.

So come on sidefx, nathstx5, losiho, detect, blind freddie and any others who may be lurking.

6girl, it's not so far... you did it the other week!!!

It'd be great if there were more 6's than probes!

Time 08:30
Take the Hoppers Crossing exit on the Geelong Freeway and drive thru the lights to the on-ramp. The Exit is just past the RAAF Base on the left.

Photo session at Eastern Beach and/or Limeburners Point, plenty of nice places in the area for photo's.

Off to Apollo Bay for Lunch at wherever
http://www.aus-cartalk.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000009

·
Registered
672 Posts
Great Ocean Road

Hehehe I am hanging to go for this cruise....

I couldnt make it for Easter family commitments and i havent visited the Probe site in a while and forgot about it, hmmm looks like im in.

By the way Im MX6GUY on the probe site....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ohhhhh

So you're MX6GUY, SideFX - good to know we have some reresentation over there. I have visited the Probe site as well and have sort of offered to help out with a Probe/MX6 meet in Canberra in August this year - you guys should all try to come along - I don't want to be the only MX6!!

BTW RicDanger - isn't the link between Melb and Geelong under water at the moment? :D bummer...

·
Registered
672 Posts
Re: Ohhhhh

6girl said:
So you're MX6GUY, SideFX - good to know we have some reresentation over there. I have visited the Probe site as well and have sort of offered to help out with a Probe/MX6 meet in Canberra in August this year - you guys should all try to come along - I don't want to be the only MX6!!

BTW RicDanger - isn't the link between Melb and Geelong under water at the moment? :D bummer...
Hehehe...yea im him....

WIth regards to Melb & Geelong being underwater, it is and its weird because as Ive been listening to news broadcasts etc sometimes they are allowing traffic to flow sometimes not....

But hey our MX6s can handle the road conditions...We can walk on water ;)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Whats the weather forecast, if it is raining i am not coming. I couldnt think of anything worse, trying to overtake some **** in a EA Falcon towing his caravan to Lorne. My car struggles in the wet for traction eventhough i have new tyres, lots of wheel spin.

If the weather is fine, great. I will be there with my bells on, actually subs on.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sounds like it's going to be great - you guys are so lucky to have such scenic drive like the Great Ocean Road right on your doorstep.

Hopefully I'll be able to join you next time...

Have fun!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Cannot come, i have a job interview at 10:30 am. I am pritty desperate for work since i had to give away my postie bike to go back to uni. It is week 7 at uni and havent worked a day yet cause i havent got a job.

Hopefully i will be working at Rays Tent City in Nadawading soon.

I am really sorry guys, a job is more important than a cruise. Count me in next time though!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Perfect get the job at rays...so next time we can organise to get some camping gear for an overnight camping/cruise event from you...

Good Luck with the job interview.

By the way people Ive got my physiotherapy session early tomorrow morning...If Im able to get out early Im gonna be comeing.

What ever you do people dont destroy 3 discs in your lower back coz you aint gonna be happy for over 8 months.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Good luck with Uni and finding a job Nath.

I also can't make it, I've got a shitload of Uni work to do over the next week.

·
Registered
428 Posts
What if we hook up some time and do the city cruise. Ligon, chappel street. I will watch the weather channel over the next couple of weeks and keep anyone informed of our new meet.

Thanks for the encouragemnt guys, Nathan

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bummer Guys! No worry, we'll do something else later.

The Lygon/Chapel St parade wouldn't be my first choice, I'm really into "driving", but I'd still come!

Sounds painful Darko. I twisted and bruised a ligament on my spine recently (camping) and such a trivial injury gave me heaps for a couple of weeks. I can't think what 3 discs would feel like!

I'll post the pics hopefully tomorrow night!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts