Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Great Ocean Road Drive

975 views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  VooDoo 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

Here's the pics of the ride down the great ocean road and back for the Melbourne Probe/Mx6 club.

As you'll see from the pics, we had simply fantastic Autumn weather, a combination of bright sun, coastal high cloud and spots of rain... something for everyone.

The highlight would have to have been 8 probe/mx6s on the tail of a WRX for 6 kms of winding road (all in third gear) - all align astern - and all over his ass. He had this big coffee cup exhaust which kept bottoming out and his wrx handled v. badly (ie frequently sideways) whilst our cars nipped at him all the way.

Most of us overtook him in the end.

These photos are fairly high res (up to 1280x1024), once you click on the image you will see a medium res enlargement, click on this again to see the big one.

It was a shame mine was the only MX6 present (some of the probe drivers were commenting on the MX6 cornering ability -ie 4ws - even without the aid of sway bar/ strut etc).

Lets get more there next time.

http://photos.yahoo.com/ricdanger1 click on the ProbeMX6 Club Meet album.

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks for the report ric....very brave of you to post a pic of your car AND your rego number as well ! Now I know who to hang shit on at the lights if I see you ! ha ha ! :)

#4 ·
I guess some people are self-conscious.....I wouldn't worry about it.

#10 ·
Just out of curiosity Rick, did you use a digital camera or photo film camera & scanner to take the pics??

Coz they are sh!t hot quality but large in size!!

[Edited by SideFX on 05-02-2001 at 03:05 AM]

#13 ·
What Camera Was That

* SIDEFX Camera - is a "Leica Digilux" digital camera with 4.3megapixel resolution. As Leica are one of the absolute high-end photographic companies the optics (lens etc) are superb. The camera also stores up to 128mb of images, so you can afford to take a lot of high res (2048x1640) photos.

Also does 10fps video!

BTW, if you find it hard getting anywhere with money these days, try getting anywhere without it! LOL

http://www.leica-camera.com/produkte/compact/digilux43/index_e.html

* Nathstx5 no gear required at the moment - pretty stocked up (have an 18'x12' family tent and all the extras) but I suspect I'll be needing heaps of those little domes as the kids want their own excitement and want to get away from those horrible animal noises in our tent!

* StevePGT cool site, can't wait to get my hands on those headers when RRR are done developing them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.