Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will the greddy exhaust for the probe gt fit the mx6 v6??
and how about the HKS exhaust will that one fit ???
im looking for an exhaust i dont wnat the borla or pacesetter greddy is my #1 choice and if any1 knows ...how much please reply????

thanks
evmx6

G

·
yes they'll both fit, but will come up a little short cuz the mx-6 is a couple of inches longer than the probe. you can use an extension to get it out past your bumper if you want. i didnt however and havent had any problems with it, it just kinda snuggles under the bumper. as gor price, both the greddy and HKS will probably be over 500 unless you get lucky and find a really great deal.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I would say from personal experience that the Borla and the GReddy are somewhat the same as far as performance, with GReddy taking th elead by a bit. However, the sound from a GReddy definitely surpases that of a Borla. It's got more of a throaty and deep sound. You just have to hear it in order to make a decision.

G

·
I have a greddy cat back on my 96 v6 and the sound it produces is great! I could do without the stereo and just listen to the great sound from the exhaust!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Borla man, i wanted a greddy but it is too expensive and i wasnt that impressed with the sound. I love the borla, its got a deep tone to it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Forget all of that crap....... just go with a tsudo dual dragger exhaust and put some new piping underneath and you can have the same results performance wise and it will save you alot of cash...... plus it looks, and sounds great!!!!!!The only thing louder or cleaner sounding is the apex n1... but thats just a personal call on what sound you like....all i can say is, does a greedy, brola, or any other exhaust make the ground shake when you drive off?....look into tsudo!~

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
just asking, have u guys heard a HKS dragger exhaust on v6?? i have one and it sounds deep and not to loud, but u will notice it when u get on it.

G

·
EXHAUST...

i have NAKAYAMA DUAL DTM'S.... WHEN I GOT IT INSTALLED, MY CAR FELT LIGHTER AND THE RESPONSE WAS BETTER.. MEANING AN INCREASE IN HORSEPOWER... ALSO EVERYTIME I CRUISE AROUND/ OR GO TO PARTIES/MALLS... I BE SETTIN OFF CAR ALARMS... I MEAN I DO IT A LOT.. THAT'S HOW DEEP IT IS.. ALLI GOTTA SO IS REVV AND I HEAR ALARMS GOING OFF.. AND SUMTIMES I CAN EVEN SEE MY REAR VIEW MIRROR VIBRATING.. ITS REALLY DEEP AND LOUD.. I THINK IT WAS A GOOD DEAL.. AND THE COST???... ITS MORE THAN HALF THE COST OF GREDDY/HKS...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts