Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put on a greddy exhaust like a week ago and it so quite! I was wondering if everyone elses is that quite. Does it get louder as it breaks in?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Do you WANT it louder?
I mean, alot of the 6's I see running around this baord look pretty nice, but some, some border on rice....
I mean, how much power does your car have?

A little added sounds is ok, add's atmosphere, but rice, is not good....

·
Registered
371 Posts
Easy, what one person thinks looks/sounds good may not be the same. Everyone here is entitled to have an OPINION. BTW, I have a Borla.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have had my Greddy on for about 900 miles now and I also didn't expect it to be as quiet as it is. Everyone was saying how loud it is and how many people have grown out of it to a borla, but I don't think it is that loud either. It sounds good, just not as loud as I expected it to be from what other people had said. I have also heard that a cold air intake will make it louder. I am getting a PRM in a few weeks, I will know for sure then.

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
I thought mine was too quiet as well until I was racing a buddy and bounced off the limiter a couple of times and now the thing sounds awesome. I don't know if that had anything to do with it but perhaps it needs to be broken in. You are right that it's perhaps not as loud as other exhausts, (ie HKS Drager on a 4 banger civic...my buddy's car as an example) but I like the deeper growl of the Greddy compared with the obnoxious buzzing sound...

bj

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Greddy has got the best sound I ever heard on our cars. Mine is a v6 so I'm not sure what it would sound like on the 4 banger.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Give it a good month to break in. my borla was almost twice as loud a month later than from when i got it installed. or get a testpipe and sound like rice but have more volume.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have heard from other people that even though it may sound quiet inside the cabin, say above 3000 rpm, that it is acually quite loud on the outside. I was told to let someone else do a drive by in your car while you ride in another car, or standing in the street and you will hear what everyone else hears. Apparently it is much different than what you hear in the car. I haven't done it because I don't like other people driving my car, but I will take other peoples word on how good the Greddy sounds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts