Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
yes, the exhaust has nothing to do with the transmition. it will blot rightup to the car and you will be happy and the car will sound great. http://www.probetalk.com go search around thee to learn something. read all you can on there please. i do, later

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
You have to remember that the GReddy exhaust system does NOT bolt on to the MX6 without any problems. The Greddy was built for a Ford Probe, not an MX6. Since the Probe is a few inches shorter than the MXt, the exhaust system is also a few inches shorter. What you'll have to do it cut the pipe in the muffler section of the GReddy and add about a 2-3" extension in order to make it fit at the stock hanging points. if not, you can relocate the hanging points but then the tip of the muffler will be hanging underneath the trunk of your car, next to the spare tire well...

You see, and you didn't have to go to probetalk after all...

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
JPMX6GT said:
You have to remember that the GReddy exhaust system does NOT bolt on to the MX6 without any problems. The Greddy was built for a Ford Probe, not an MX6. Since the Probe is a few inches shorter than the MXt, the exhaust system is also a few inches shorter. What you'll have to do it cut the pipe in the muffler section of the GReddy and add about a 2-3" extension in order to make it fit at the stock hanging points. if not, you can relocate the hanging points but then the tip of the muffler will be hanging underneath the trunk of your car, next to the spare tire well...

You see, and you didn't have to go to probetalk after all...
well, the AUTO part i had right. and PT has tons of stuff about exhaust. if he want to read it. just tring to help out people that dont know about PT.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i am a member on probetalk too, but i wanted mx-6 specific info, which is why i posted the message here...

...and i thought there was an issue with the greddy, i just couldn't remember what it was...

...what if i got a generic freeflow cat and put the extension there since i'd need one anyway, would that work? or is the shortness after the bend, closer to the muffler? one more thing...i've read that the internal diameter on the greddy is 2.25, 2.5, and 3 inches...what is correct?

thanks for the continued help

·
Registered
830 Posts
The place you have to add length is after the bent(close to the rear of the muffler), so replacing cat. or extension on the cat. will not work. **I have greddy, and I also have random tech cat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.