Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
holy shiznibit. i decided to spend the money and get a real boost controller. what a difference it made. my car feels like it spools faster, it also holds the set boost to redline, i no longer have to keep an eye on my guage (boost) when i punch it as this device dosent spike at all. i never new it could be so good.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I got a chance to experience the Greddy in WeldingHank and sigmafour's cars recently. Pretty nice little unit. I wish I had the pocket change for one of my own.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I think Hankman told me he paid $300 for his shipped. Looks like a fun toy. I'm already sick of my dawes device, and watching my gauge spike like nuts on the highway. I next next spring I'll look into one, I just threw some cash down for intercooler pipes anyway.

My only concern would be the exposure to the cold it would get during the winter when your car is outside. :shrug:

·
Registered
581 Posts
yeah ive had one on every car with a turbo..

do you have the spec 1 or 2? the spec 2 has a boost gauge and you set it to your desired boost setting.. hi and low..

then you set the WARNING setting.. when the boost goes over in say.. colder weather it flashed red lights at you then self adjusts the boost to your setting..

awsome way to save your motor

i paid 292 shipped off ebay.. new..

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
do you have the spec 1 or 2? the spec 2 has a boost gauge and you set it to your desired boost setting.. hi and low..

then you set the WARNING setting.. when the boost goes over in say.. colder weather it flashed red lights at you then self adjusts the boost to your setting..

awsome way to save your motor
I believe that it is actually a spec, and b spec. The b spec just controls boost, the a spec has the boost gauge, warning, otb etc. I have the a spec its nice :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
a electronic boost controller is one of the best mods a person can do. I ended up going with the apex-i because of the display and other features. I still havent been able to get it to work at 100%, i need to find another person with one to compare settings with, but its alot easier to use and change settings.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I paided 290 for mine shipped. unfortunalty i have not been able to use it yet bc i have not finished my swap. but it looks cool mounted in my car on top of greddy turbo timer. everyone i talked to said that it was worth the money.

·
Registered
111 Posts
i have the Greddy Profec B Spec-II. and i must say that it is the best thing i have ever done to my car. easy install. just plug and play. it holds boost rock solid no matter what the conditions. yes, the spec II has a built in boost guage and a limiter. from what i see, when you get it to the set boost, the valve flutters to hold the boost. the Spec II has gain and start boost settings. if you spike at anytime,lower the start boost. if boost falls off. raise the gain. if you have the start boost set correctly the turbo spools faster. for any of you, get the Profec B Spec II, you WILL NOT be disappointed.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Profec b is a great unit. Its the controller of choice for many of the top drag racers. I plan on getting the B aswell.

·
Registered
209 Posts
what do you guys think of the greddy profec e-01? i am looking at getting one. yay or nay?

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
a294958 said:
what do you guys think of the greddy profec e-01? i am looking at getting one. yay or nay?
too expensive

·
Registered
209 Posts
can some one give me a better excuse than it is too expensive cuz i am not worried about the money.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
a294958 said:
can some one give me a better excuse than it is too expensive cuz i am not worried about the money.
me persanally the only greddy i will go with is the profec b.its the easiest to install and program.the greddy e01 is just to complicated.i will go with the hks evc or the newest blitz boost controller are rated the best so far.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts