Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how to make grills for the MX6? I saw a post on using stuff from home depot but all I found was a roll of really flexible chicken wire type grill. I doubt that would last. Anyways, what is the best thing to use OR where can I buy grills? Thanks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
you go to home depot and buy the metal gutter gaurds. its in the section where they sell gutters it comes with 5 of them for like $5. thats all you need. i actually read the post that was here befor and tried doing this... let me tell you it was a pain in the ass. and just put it aside. cause i got to frustrated with it... first of all its hard to cut the stuff out into the shape you need... everything is curved on the car... and i couldnt find any really good way to attach it, other then twist ties. lol... so you can give a shot...hopefully someone will figure out an easy way to do it...and put up pics with clear instructions....ohhhh and WEAR GLOVES when cutting or handling the gutter gaurds....the previous post about this stated that fact..and i didnt take it seriously.....you will cut your hands up...
good luck

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
i looked into the gutter screen myself. didnt come wide enough for my new front bumper. id have to double it up, which dont want to do. i remember seeing a company in SCC that sells big sheets of the stuff...just gotta find it now...good luck!!

solar

·
Registered
92 Posts
Grill

I just went to Home Depot and bought a 27"x96" sheet of metal lath. It is used for drywall application but it works great. The metal gutter guards were too small for the opening so....I bought the metal lath. It was like $2.84 for the whole piece. You need to cut it with these dimensions....30"on top, 28"on the bottom and it has a height of 4 and 3/4". It took me about 45 minutes to cut and install. I secured it with zip ties at the top, it should fit very tight with those dimensions....email me at [email protected] if you need help or have any questions.....peace:cool:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Mik'sMX6-LS

did you just zip tie it in front of the vertical grill bars?

right now i have white plastic gutter guard that looks sweet with my blue car. i would like to make some real holder or fasteners for it, but that required drilling into the bumper for sure.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Grillzzzzzzzz

Yeah, I zip tied it in front of the braces at the very top, you will never be able to see them, unless you get on all fours and look for them...cya:eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts