Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking my car ('97 MX6 5-spd) into Mazda today to have a look at it (I bought an extended warranty) but I'm interested in some pre-repair opinions:

There's a grinding or 'white noise' type sound coming from the front axle or wheels, seemingly both sides, although its hard to tell which. This happens only when I'm moving at slow speeds. Over about 40km/h it seems to disappear into the din of road noise/engine revs. Its gotten worse over the last two weeks. It sounds kinda like I've got snow tires on all the time, really loud snow tires. But of course, I don't.

Anyone have a similar problem and know what it might be?

·
Registered
128 Posts
It sounds like a worn bearing. At lower speeds it will sound and at higher speeds it will dissapear. You might want to have the front 2 aligned afterwards.

_cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got the car back on Thursday. They replaced the front right bearing and everything sounds normal now. The mechanic at Mazda was suprised it sounded so bad. I figure if that one went from good to bad so quickly the rest can't be far behind, so I expect it won't be long till I'm back again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts