Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father owns a '93 MX6 I4 MTX with about 62K miles on it. He's experienceing a groaning noise coming from in the car, mostly from the engine bay. It is mostly heard whenever turning. sounds like something is shifting. I dunno maybe loose motor mounts, or struts?? I was wondering if the MX6 enthusiasts can identify this problem, and if so is there a recall or TSB on it at all. Any info is much appreciated, thanks. If there is anymore info required please let me know thanks.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
If the sound occurs only when the steering wheel is actually moving or near full-lock, it may be a power steering pump noise (have you checked the power steering fluid level?)

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
gotta go with mike on this one. It is either your power steering pump or rack and pinion if it is a groan then knock. I'd hope for the fluid level being low and not the pump going out or rack and pinion itself. Expensive! It could also be his struts are loose and/or old. I had an old mitsubishi that creaked when you break.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.