Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, everyone seems to think that GC's are the way to go because they drop 3"...w/ that big of a drop how do you align your camber? As far as I know there are no camber kits for the 6....Is this just not a big problem w/ 6's ??? won't it eat tires like crazy? also...if somehow you do get the camber aligned at a 3" drop what happens to camber when you decide to "jack up" your suspension, does it all screw up?

G

·
first, i think the max drop on the GC is 2.25, and second, camber kits are pretty much universal, so you can pretty much get em anywhere, go to any alignment/suspension shop and they should be able to get 'em, $20-30 a set.

·
Registered
158 Posts
GC makes a camber/castor kit for our car. However, if you put the front about 1/2" higher than the lowest it can go, the car will be able to be aligned. I had my car at the lowest setting and my tires got spanked. Luckily they were the stock ones. Then I put the front up a little cause the ride was horrible and it barely made it into alignment. If by "jack up" you mean raise the coils, then this will put the car out of alignment. When you put the coil overs on, make sure that you rotate the top of the strut to line up in the holes so that the top of the strut piston is to the back of the car and to the outside. This position will put the castor and camber closest to being aligned so your car won't be screeching on the way to the alignment shop. Also you might want to try to find a shop that has an alignment machine that is on the floor because with my coils all the way down I had a hard time gettin up on some lifts.

125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey guys, if all this is true.. if the max GC drop is 2.25 and you jack it up about another .5" then your back up to the Intraxx drop of 1.75"....even if those numbers are a bit off, wouldn't it be better to save about 200 dollars for almost as much drop? has ne1 ever seen a comparison and noticed a big difference between the two? I want the lowest possible drop...but i'm not going to buy new tires every week....ne info greatly appreciated..

·
Registered
73 Posts
You know what? I've been thinking the same thing. With the Ground Controls, wouldn't you need an alignment everytime you raise or lower the car? I'm planning on getting some, but I would probably be raising and lowering on a weekly basis. Also, I thought I saw that Eibach makes a camber kit for our cars, but I'm not sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.