Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the cheapest place to get Ground Control Coilovers? I need them for a 1993 MX6 with Tokico Premuim struts (which I'm told make a difference). So please post if you know any places with a deal on the GCs. Thanx.

numb

·
Registered
357 Posts
call Dial One Auto in CA.

1.562.694.8533 ask for Michael

he'll hook you up (shipped for $340)

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
question

what does ground control coil overs do for you that regular performance springs will not do for you?

cheers

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Re: question

Rufnek69 said:
what does ground control coil overs do for you that regular performance springs will not do for you?

cheers
Adjustbility.

See the collar where the spring is sitting on, well, you can adjust that do whatever height you want. It's about a 3" range that you could adjust it to. It's good if you live in a place where you have harsh winters for instance. In the winter here, I raise my car up about 2" for the deep snow. Then in the summer, I slam it back down again. It's not necessary, it's just a luxury.

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
kewl

thats a damn good idea... how much of a hassle is it to adjust the height? do you have to remove them and shit? or just turn some screws?

cheers

·
Registered
446 Posts
You merely jack the car up to remove the tension from the springs, unlock the collar with a single allen-head screw, spin the collar up or down to your liking, retighten the allen screw and lower the car from the jackstands. Less than a 30minute process if you're taking your time.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I called Michael today, they'll be getting a shipment of GC's this next tuesday....we should see if they'll beat the $340 price if we order a few sets.....

I'm really interested but i also need to get new struts, mine are wore the f**k out.

We need to see if he'll hook us up on a deal...

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Coilovers

Not only does it add adjustablity it makes handling the sweetest, you can take turns like nothing else. Mine is dumped but not adjustable and it made one hell of a difference:)

·
Registered
299 Posts
We should see if this michael guy wants to hook us up on a bulk buy..... if we can get down around 300 shipped then im in...... who else is in??

Mike

·
Registered
299 Posts
Oh ok cool cool... maybe we can get him to go even a little lower then..... Im up here in the frozen North.. ha ha..... so shipping is always more..... so im probly lookin 380ish...... and i wanna get that down if we can get some people together...... just a thought.

Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts