Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys how do you handle speedbumps? seriously I have problem getting over some speedbumps NOW! and I haven't got my kit YET!...I guess this would have been a good question to ask before I ordered the kit..oh well....

G

·
hehehe...taking off the mudflaps helps too...i took mine off and now i usually dont have any problems w/ speedbumps, and trust me, i got some really nasty ones in my apartment complex. or get bigger rims.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
PRACTICE NOW, act like u have a kit on now and drive like u would, just go VERY SLOW over anything that u think might hit something, do the sideways thingie over stuff and go in a angle in to parking lots that have a incline or decline pull in, just becareful, u dont want to break it the first day, i have the tc kit it is not as low as the erebuni style one, i get it on next week ahhhhyeahhh

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Actually I have coil overs and a Erebuni kit and I have never (Knock on wood) hit the kit when going over bumps. The only time I rub is when i don't go into my driveway on an angle. when I go in straight I rub th enose a tiny bit. Like the guys said. Go slow over them, take your time. F-uck the people behind you and just worry about your car. every day I have to pass through some F'ed up rail road tracks, I litterally slow my car to like 2 miles per hour and go over them. people honk behind me but I just give them the finger as I peel out after passing the tracks....

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
listen to jorge, who cares who is behind u just care about u at the time, they can wait, i have to do the same thing i slow down just because i dont want to [email protected]! up a wheel and i practice driving when i get my kit on, well just be cool about it and u will be cool

·
Registered
830 Posts
I know, worry about your kit first.... And like the riceater6 said, you better practice right now. I have seen a lot of people break their kit with 1 week after installation. The record right now is 3 hours.... Like Homer Simpson say,"DON'T...."

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
damn 3 hours that sucks, what did he do just look at it at the shop for 2 hours and 59 minutes then try to pull out of the parking lot and hit the front end and drag the side skirts hahahah that must suck

125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JPM your a trip.....I'l keep that in mind...whatup coldnoodle...thanx all for your input..and I will take my mudflaps off before I put the kit on....and I'l remember to keep my finger in the air just for you JPM...

·
Registered
73 Posts
i scrape on most any dip or bump i try to avoid them all to gether but when all else fails go really slow and try angles
i even had to build 8ft long ramps just to get into my own driveway

·
Registered
73 Posts
check out clearance

how about that 3" nose height sitting in my garage

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
Yea, you can either drive up at an angle very slow or you can take an alternate route. Whichever works best.;)

Later

·
Registered
324 Posts
As everyone says, practice taking speed bumps on angles and verrry slowly. Never worry about the a$$ that honks their horn....they may not care about their car but you do.

I'm not in the habit of spending money to repair something that I could have avoided just to make someone else happy.

If it was up to me, there wouldn't be speed bumps, curbs, railway line crossings and steep drive way entrances.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I pray that I dont crack nothing.. Getting my car back with just the 44 fr bumper and I would CRY if I cracked it

Literally..

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just get used to honking

I have had my kit for a while.. the week before I got it installed I practiced slowing down and avoiding bumps and driveways.

Just watch out, if you're going 30 and see a bump and don't have time to slow down.. don't hit the breaks while going over the bump. When you slam on the breaks, the front end goes down a little bit. That little bit may be life or death for your bumper.

Alex

·
Registered
321 Posts
i just want to know if any of the two options are possible:

1. is there a way to strengthen the bumpers? especially one like the shogun, which protruded tremendously
2. i have seen many cars with wild bumpers, and underneath the bumper is a small piece of something, either plastic or plexiglass or something to that effect, which scrapes anything you come in contact with to prevent your bumper from doing the scraping. anyone done this or seen something like this?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I can attest to the fact that people crack there kits within the first couple of days.Yes I did parking at a show in orlando.the dip did not look that bad but then I herd the crack and I wanted to cry It was just installed and painted two days before.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts