Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone in here tell me maybe where I can find a universal GT-R wing for my 1991 MX-6 and a nice set of ground effects? I have been looking for weeks and have found one or two wings that I like but I was hoping someone in here might know where I can get these things for a really reasonable price.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Ground effects for the 1st gen

All the ground effects for the first gen i have ever seen really suck, they make it look more boxy, wing whys, i've seen some really cool drag wings like siad above, best bet i think, lower your car a 1 3/4".

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
I went to Bomex USA and looked at the R32 Skyline kit.. It looks like it would all fit except the back fender..but the lights are about the same and i beleive both cars are just as wide.. Plus i think a rear bumber from the R34 would fit too.. ALl would prob have to be modified a little bit but not too much i don't think.. I"m probably gonna get the kit and try an get it on my car sometime end a this month or in september (sposd to come into some money). BUt that's the only kit that really interests me
anybody else looked at doing this??

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
i'm working with a company here in australia to design a kit for the first gen mx6....

it might be to ricy for some of you....but will be a total kit - front bar, scoop, eyelids, skirts, rear bar and wing - and the wing is to be motorised

pricing is sketchy...i'm dropping my car off in about 8 weeks to start the work...estimated at around $2000 australia...so probably under a grand US for u guys...also the first is always dearer

the kit is similiar to the r33 gtr v-spec...although a larger 'mouth' for hiding a larger IC with built in watersprays, the skirts are to accent the 'flared' looking gaurds if the mx, with the skirts giving the car a very distictive wide body look with sunken doors...similiar to the look of the Unisia Jecs skyline in GT2....

i'll keep u informed of how its all going...but at this piont it will certainly be differant to the other corksport crap out there

a nice wide and low mx6...brake ducts in the front bar and skirts, provision for CAI and large front mount IC, water spray, fully functional and adjustable rear wing...could be just thing thing for us boyracers :cool:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
AusMX6, what company are you working with? Do you think they will make this kit available for export? The Unisia Jecs Skyline is very cool. Keep us updated. Under $1000 U.S. seems very low but don't tell the designer I said that.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
the company is pulse autostyling

the owner aswell as the two employees there used to work for jetspeed designing and building some of thier radical kits for civics aswell as corollas and suzuki swift gti's...aussie are very familiar with jetspeeds work

oh - and when i say radical - they took a toyota starlet - and after the kit the body was actually near 1 foot wider...and over 1.5 feet longer....thankfully we arn't planning anything that outlandish for the mx6 :)

and for u guys with 626's and telstars...i havn't looked into it yet but i imagine the front and rear bars should bolt up to your cars - and possibly the wing...just the skirts would have to be altered - drastically though.

one of the designs that was brought back to me from Matt was based around the Daishin Silvia (win red rock valley track in the grand touring car trophy set).

the reason it was suggested is immediatly apparent - with massive engine bay venting, flared gaurd that would suit the styling of first gen very well, and even the wing is well suited to the image the car would create - awesome road presence

on the daishin look carefully at the rear bar and the diffuser thats implemented - almost like an inverted low profile wing to help draw the arse down...one very mean looking street machine...

i'm borring a friends digital cammera just to get some screen shots of these cars to post up to here aswell as scan a few drawings...

i think we should run a poll at that piont and see what most people deem as good taste without being ricey

as for the $$ on the body kit - don't forget u americian that ur dollar is worth twice ours - yet nothing is dearer here :)

so if its 2K then its only 1K to u guys, and ur tax free - so take off 10% GST

but u will have shipping to look after aswell

so please people - i'm in a hurry to drop me car off and make things happen - let me know your thoughts, suggestions, pics, sketchs - anything

[email protected]

feel free to e-mail me anything aswell

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
DUDE you do not want to drag the A$$ down when you on the road......dont forget for mx6 downforce in the front =good.....in the back no good.......but then you will not get to speeds to use it

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
i disagree BF, i can atest to the fact my mx has no 180km/h speed limiter.... and i've had it just out to 200 - in the straight strech in the alpine park - from Mt hotham across to Omeo

as for pulling the ass down - the front spoiler will pull the front down, the diffuser would help the rear.

oh, and the 6 needs it desperatly - it gets very skatey on the road...i attribute some of that to 4ws i suppose...

don't forget the mx6 has horrid weight distribution....even taking the off ramps from the ringroad in melbourne at 140+ the a$$ gets very twitchy.

and from what i've read something like a wing only helps at speeds in excess of about 150...but a front bar is alot more substantial being that its meeting the air head on - not at the rear after the cabin has caused turbulance

even the rear wing has merrit as the air flowing over the cabin is at a higher velocity then the air travelling around the car - the idea of the kit is to smooth the car out....and the idea of an underbody diffuser is to 'pull' the car onto the road...

everyone knows at 60km's an hour its not gonna help - but at 140, 150...or like some of us idiots - 200kms an hour, its benificial.

and from my experience the rear end needs that help - its just too twitchy for my liking

as for never using it - a day at a track and you will....not too mention - HI-PO cruises :)

and to go with all this is another reason i want to change the engine for a lighter higher reving one - speed, and increased handling

whats everyone elses thoughts end experiences?

oh, and BF - u could have used some downforce on ur car lol :)

PS - realistically - not everyone will travel fast enough to make the full use of it - but even so - its gonna look damn good ontop of all of that :cool:

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Body kit

So how is the body kit project coming?

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
Some kind of functional spoiler would be good

I recently had my canadian 6 @ about 207ish km/h... I would have topped it out but I became scared when it started to become unstable after 160 km/h and then increasingly more so as the speed increased....

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
I've been speaking with Pulse and they have made a valid piont...

thier opinion is a large front air dam - similiar to either the skyline to provide brake ducts and increased airflow over the intercooler.
rear spoiler will be adjustable - other wise its just for show
skirts are really more looks but no bodykit is complete without them :)
one piont they made is to keep the bodykit smooth and clean, to blend well with the flared arch of the mx6, and perhaps to invest some time under the car, especially at the rear, and develop a suitable diffuser - similiar to an inverted wing but incorperated into the rear bar aswell as alloy panels to help smooth the floor pan out...

that won't be part of the bodykit at this piont - but guess who just spend over $200 on alloy sheets to be fabricated for his underbody. it actually makes alot of sense

so to sum up the bodykit is comming along - still in research and design mainly cause I move house next wednesday, aswell as an injury I sustained at work, not to mention the new ECU i'm organising in the australian forum.

so rest assured it is comming, it will be good, and more importantly it will be fully functional

oh and stank - I agree 100% - it does get slippery doesn't it???

any other ideas people? suggestions? alterations? sketchs? keep it all comming!!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yo Brett! Haven't seen you for ages! I messaged you but didn't get a reply. Didn't know what was going on with the bodykit but everything is clear now. Yeah, I am very interested as I've told you already. Better get those pics posted soon tho! I think a lot more people will be convinced of its looks and value! Group deals are always good!!

G

·
Discussion Starter #18
no worries jin - I'm doin my best even tho work is busy, my accident, general car maintenance and working on the ECU upgrade....

starting next weekend I should have alot more time (and money) for product development - from there - just hold on tight - the ride will be a fast and enjoyable one!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
G-Force ecu upgrade

I copied a friend's G-Force ECU upgrade.
It only costs $250 from G-Force and is supposedly a lot better than Superchip's upgrade.

G

·
Discussion Starter #20
opps I should have been more specific - nather then ECU upgrade I should have said new engine management system

with what I'm either chasing or have lying around the place an ECU/chip upgrade just isn't goin to cut it - besides here in australia - a chip is worth around $750-1000AU, and a full computer from $1250-$1500 AU supplied fitted and tuned!

Sorry Mr Moderator for the topic excursion

1 - 20 of 31 Posts