Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how come I've never seen or heard of anyone on this site having a 92' mx6 GT. Are they rare or weren't they made that year. If anyone one here has one I'd like to see it.
Also what exactly in parts on the vehicle determines the weight difference between the DX and the GT. It sound like a dumb question but I know the basic fundamental parts but are the chasis that much different..

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
The weight difference comes from the extra options on the GT. Almost all of them have sunroofs, which I'm sure are heavy. And they all have power junk - windows and mirrors. There are extra computers under the seats for the AAS and the speed sensitive steering, and in some cases a subwoofer. The wing on the back weighs about 25 lbs. The turbocharger, intercooler, and associated stuff adds to it too.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I THINK they made some in '92 but not the whole year. Don't quote me on taht though.

·
Registered
375 Posts
25 lbs

Are you sure the rear wing weighs 25 pounds? Mine feels like foam, I can squeze and indent it. I plan on getting an adjustable aluminum wing or maybe a GTR style, what would yall recomend.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Maybe more like 20, but the thing is heavy. Take yours off and see!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts