Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is racing guys, best kind just about. i love it!!!

i am the first to post this.

post some of the cars you have on GT2:
HP, times, cars whatever lets talk about the game. later

[Edited by jdmxsix on 03-11-2001 at 09:15 PM]

·
Registered
475 Posts
i have had pretty muche very car on the game.
The fastest 2 ae the suzuki escudu and TVR Speed 12. The suzuki i max speed at 248.7. The tvr i can up to 246mph. The suzuki is rated at over 1000 bhp while the tvr is up over 800 bhp. They are both nuts,not good racing cars because very figidty as far as handling goes.
My favorite car in thsi games has to be calsonic skyline. Car is blisteringly fast, awd, and handles nicely. Another car I like is my Honda Accors SiR. Its about 300 bhp and not super fast but in it's hp category, it out accelerates and handles anything else.
I haven't played the game in while, but Ill check back for someof my other favorite cars.

KJ

·
Registered
38 Posts
I got a Supra RZ to do 252 on the test course. heh.. my all around favorite car is the Unisia Skyline, and the Mugen NSX. I love that damn game.. ANYONE GOT A PS2 FOR SALE??!?!

·
Registered
375 Posts
GT2 my favorite game

Ive gotten my Nissan R390 to 270 mph on the test course, and my Toyota GT One to 275 mph on the test course. I managed to get a Playstation 2 last week, man I cant wait till GT3 A-spec comes out, wich has been moved to a June release date.

·
Registered
186 Posts
My favorite car is the Nissan R390 Street Car. It has a higher HP potential than the GT1 race version. Nothing can touch it as an all around car. The Escudo IS faster in a straight line, but it can't turn.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I don't like any of those skyline race cars. They are too heavy for me. I like the Cusco Imprezza, and the spoon civic is really fast too. Of course, when I set out to win money the Escudo makes it easy:D

·
Registered
332 Posts
HEY SQUAL..... did you ever think of adjusting the downforce on the Escudo. That car turns like no other in the game. It is the fastest off the line. Fastest to 200 MPH and turns like a M-Fu**er. It may not have a top speed (235 the way i have it adjusted) like some of the others. But any car that has two motors has to be the best.

You dont know what you are talking about if you say the Escudo cant turn. It it could not turn I dont think it would have dominated the Pikes Peak like it has!!!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hmm..., I haven't tried messing with the downforce on that car yet. I'll try it tonight. As for not being able to turn, It feels like it doesn't want to react to the steering controls. If you drive the Nissan R390 and the Escudo back to back, you'll see the difference. I like being able to drift the Nissanthrough long sweeping turns.

·
Registered
332 Posts
You have not tried adjusting the downforce?!?! I am very surprised. That is one of the first things I do on a car that is race modified. I think you will find that once you max out the downforce on the Escudo I is the best car in the whole game.

The only draw back with downforce is that it decreases the top speed of the cars. Which makes sense because it really is more drag. But it will not hurt acceleration and top speed is not effected too much.

Heck, when a car has almost 1000 HP and weights less than 2000 pounds that thing must move.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My brother had to go back to college and took GT2 with him, i am very sad now and i must only dream of GT2 now. maybe if i am lucky i will get a PS2. I guess i will have to spend more time on here. later

·
Registered
186 Posts
I got my PS2 on the release day. I think that it was Oct 26. I've got GT3 reserved, but it keeps getting pushed back! The current date is June 2, but who knows for sure? Any of you guys played the GT3 demo?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hopefully Sony will not jerk us around like they did with the GT2 release date. That was over a year late and then when they did release it they dumped a game on us with tons of bugs in it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
eraser bug

About GT2 have you ever saved after a race, and then you go to your garage only to find nothing there? That kept happening to me and eventualy I got realy pissed and smashed both discs and my PS1, I already have PS2 so it didnt bother me that much, so far it hasnt erased any off my cars but who knows. I think I read somewhere that the first batch of the game wasnt completly burned to the cd, maybe I got one of those discs?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Geez, what's up anger management? Seriously though. A lot of people had that problem. My best suggestion would be to save your game to two different memory cards, so you'd have a backup. Just please do not smash the PS2...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Have any of you guys played Ridge Racer V? It isn't as realistic as the GT series, but it is super smooth and fast. It's serving as filler until my copy of GT3 is FINALY released!
By the way, I picked up Zone of the Enders yesterday. It has the 1 hour playable demo for Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. That demo blew me away! Incredible graphics, and the control is like Metal gear Solid 1, just upgraded.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Very simple solution to the deleted garage disease. Dont go to the machine shop. That is where you do the 1/4 race and the high speed race by yourself. It is okay the first few times but once you log in a few races it will delete your garage if it is ever used. Believe me I know not useing the machine shop will stop the garage delete. I have over 900 races logged in on GT2 and I have not had my garage deleted in over 700 races. Luckily for me I looked at my garage the one time it was deleted before I saved it.

If you really want to use the high speed race in the machine shop just turn the car around backwards and race in the other direction. This is better anyway becasue you can go around an unlimited number of times. This does not delete the garage because the race is never comepleted.

Best of luck

Ridge Racer sucks!!!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Thanx for the tip. Another ? has anyone had any problems with the audio on the PS2? I have the sound go away or completely not work sometimes, Im getting it exchanged next week so it realy dosnt matter, just curious. When I was paying for it at Wal-mart 3 weeks ago, the clerk was telling me to hold on to the receipt because they had been getting alot of deffective PS2's. I didnt think much of it untill the sound started f--king up.

·
Registered
332 Posts
That really does not surprise me becuase in my opinion Sony mades CRAP. I bought a 200 CD changer from Sony two yrs ago. After a month of no problems it just stopped changing CDs. A friend of mine at work, even after I told him NOT to buy Sony, spent $2,000 on a large screen Sony TV. After a month the TV was done. Toast. It took 3 visits before they got it some what fixed. Now this problem with PS2 and the problem many of you had with GT2 I know that Sony is CRAP. Unfortunately PS is a Sony product.

I guess they got us on that one.

·
Registered
186 Posts
As with the first run of any product, the PS2 is going to have some bugs to work out. As for the sound, are you using the RCAs or the fiber-optic? I'm using the fiber-optic output and no problems here. In fact, the Bouncer is in 5.1 surround!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts