Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

What do you think of the RSX Type S

• Never seen or heard of it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • THEY ARE SWEET!!!

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • It's a Honda.. no comment

• I drive a 6 so I never think or look at other cars!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm going to try to arrange a race w/ an Acura RSX Type S later today... I'll try and grab video if I can... I'll be back to let you guys know how I faired. I LOVE the looks of the RSX... and w/ 200HP I think that they will be a fun car to see race on the streets. I joined WWW.clubRSX I liked them so much... and Igenerally Hate anything to do W/ Honda. (I voted they are sweeet)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Yeah let us know how you do against this guy. If he loses, maybe he's not used to the car yet. Or you just have the faster car. Right now, I have my money on the RSX Type S IF he shifts really well with it already.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you think he'd be faster??? That means that RSX Type S is a stock 13.9-14.1 car!?

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
??

IH8RICE said:
you think he'd be faster??? That means that RSX Type S is a stock 13.9-14.1 car!?
What do you mean? your time says 14.9 ??

I think the RSX would be the GTP also..
Those are nice cars, and its ture that if he shifts it fast, then I think he would beat you

Lates...:)

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LMFAO!!!!! YES I DO RUN A 14.9.....

AT 5,800 FEET ABOVE SEA LEVEL!!!!!!

Man... I always get that from people. It'd be about a 13.9 at lower altitudes. The RXS has high end but no torque. Up here the fastest stock LS1 can only run a 14.6... and a Viper R/T 10 can only do a 13.8!!! basically add about a sec to your 1/4 time to see what it'd be like up here...

·
Registered
372 Posts
Well I've never heard the 1/4 time for the RSX Type S yet.. They are about 100lbs heavier than the Type R. They have 5 extra hp and 12lb-ft tq? I could be wrong. But their times should be close to the integra Type R I think. Let us know what happens though. I guess I should've realized you run a 13.9, so it's gonna be very close considering it's on the street and not track.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't get a run w. the type s guys... just a little run w. a regular rsx. We were in a left two lane turn... he hit it and I just lightly gave it enough to get around the turn.. once I pretty much finished the turn he was far enough away 1.5 CL for me to hit it.. I hit it and tmy car downshifted chirping them a little.. It took me quite a while to pass for it being a 4. It is almost EXACTLY the same acceleration wise as a Honda Si. I'm not going to let them hit it first on a roll anymore... I passed him pretty hard biut I was pretty far up in the revs in second gear.. o I was almost at 70 by the time I passed.. and I hit it at like 28mph... they are nice on the high end... but I'm not too afraid of one from a stop ;-) From what the Type S owners were sayin git would basically be like racing a real Type R... they are supposed to be exactly like the type R in overall performance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts