Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now that i've bought another mx6...

It was a pure impulse buy, I was driving home from work through the city today because I wanted to stop by the apple store, and I saw this red MX6 with no plates. Went inside to ask how much, dude said $1000. I asked him how he got it, and he said someone brought it in for a tune up (It has a brand new disty, plug wires and plugs) but they realized the timing belt was broken. It's a V6, so I don't care. The guy didn't want to pay for that, so he let the car go, and the shop could sell it to make money for the repairs. I said that if they were only looking to make the money back for repairs, $1000 is a rip off, and that all the work they did couldn't be more than $300. We settled on $400, and I have another mx6. 1994, 169,400 on the clock, black leather interior (perfect!), 5spd, black floormats, yellow headlights. It's going to get my ZE, my JSpec headlights, my steering wheel, my hood, my exhaust, my wheels, my STS, and stereo. And suspension parts.

tl;dr: potentially coming soon: a massive part out thread, a car for sale, or a gift to Mary if cross country shipping isn't ridiculous.

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
whew... I thought I was about to read another "Laid off" type of thread LOL

Nice find!

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I called the guy who brought it in, he had taken it to the dealership to fix everything that had gone wrong with it, and when he heard that the timing belt was gone, he just said fuck it. Mechanically, it's perfect, which is a lot more than I car say for my car. The paint is bad where my paint is good, namely the front of the car. Even the back is flat, but not completely faded like mine. Passenger airbag too. Basically, it would have been an absolute sin if I had said no to it. One car will be an organ donor for the other one, but I will have two whole working cars when it's done, even though one will need a decent amount of work. Mary, chime in, you ready to start putting something together?

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Make sure you get rid of the red in your jspecs :p

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why don't you get rid of the ugly in your face?

ZZZZZZIIIINNNGGG!!!!

no but really, early summer when i upgrade the projectors I'm taking the red off.

And absent-minded me forgot to send you your chicks with dicks CD, who knows what you've been fapping to lately. It'll get sent tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Why don't you get rid of the ugly in your face?

ZZZZZZIIIINNNGGG!!!!

no but really, early summer when i upgrade the projectors I'm taking the red off.

And absent-minded me forgot to send you your chicks with dicks CD, who knows what you've been fapping to lately. It'll get sent tomorrow.
I can't help the ugly...maybe it's the white chocolate tree trunk that keeps teh ladies around ;)

and you don't wanna know what I've been fapping to...or on in this case.

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
^ Oh my Fucking God :lol: :lol: Did you burn back up copies already? LOL
how is it anyway? I've never watched a video of that sort. :p

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
search for tranny pr0n ;) LOL

and no, this isn't for viewing pleasure...it's for a BAD prank :lol:

·
Josh Bannings = 1
3,178 Posts
I can't help the ugly...maybe it's the white chocolate tree trunk that keeps teh ladies around ;)

and you don't wanna know what I've been fapping to...or on in this case.
Have you watched all 8 hours worth yet? :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
I would rather buy her a plane ticket then she can make up for lost time in the old 6 and see the country on the way home to :) Comming from PA to WA you be going on the interstate within a mile of my house :lol:

I should be able to get her a free ticket with my airline miles if that is something she wants to do.

The paint might suck, but the interior is black and all the body panels and exterior looks in good condition.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Brought her home today, and I kinda feel like keeping both cars now instead of parting one out, even though I'll probably part one out. Here they are. Some dickhead clipped my driver's wing mirror so I took it from the organ donor already.

Leather seats look solid too.

Shit I could probably sell the interior alone for more than I paid for the car.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Started working on the paint yesterday, was going to get a lot more done but the sun came out and prevented me from using some of the compounds I needed to. Paint is coming out close to perfect. Rubbing compound, polishing compound, some more polish, clay bar and wax. Lots of elbow grease.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts