Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do gunmetal rims look on a blue mx6, has anyone seen it? any pics?

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Very old pic. 2 years ago....sigh...good times it was.

A little more recent gunmetal w/ polished lip.

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
gunmetal with polished lip looks tight on a dark colored six.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
ed, lol yeah....that one. I was afraid of that one haha. The obviously huge wheel gap. I could fit a few heads in there lol.

*For those that don't know, that is not stock height. it's raised on coilovers so I could get on the dyno rollers without messing up the front bumper.*

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
i must be slipping. i didn't notice the extreme wheel gap until you pointed it out. :p

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

what kinda rims go with it, gunmetal, silver or white??

·
Registered
585 Posts
id say go with silver or white gunmetal only looks good on dark colors id say go with white i have almost the same blue on my 6 and the white 17s make the car stand out

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
heres the facts:

white rims look cheap.
aluminum wings suck.
pep boys does not sell "aftermarket performance" parts.
wings on front wheel drive cars are useless and (usually) do not look good.

i do not care if you disagree with my previous statements because:
i know my car is slow and stock.
i do not drive a honda.
my exhaust sounds good.
and finally, this is a PUBLIC forum. therefore i can say whatever i want.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Chaos, I agree with everything you had to say, but I don't really know why you said it. He wasn't asking for opinions on his car as a whole, or on white wheels. He was just asking to see gunmetal on a blue car. Yes, aluminum spoilers are pointless on FWD cars. Yes (sometimes) white wheels can look cheap. No, Pep Boys does not sell QUALITY aftermarket performance parts, but since they sell parts not from the manufacturer that are designed to make a car perform better, they fall under the realm of aftermarket performance parts. And before you start to bash me, I don't have anything from Pep Boys in/on my car with the exception of probably some oil or some windshield fluid or something like that at some point. I'm not defending them as a great place to buy parts, but I do say that everyone has the right to do whatever they want to their own cars, no matter how non functional and stupid it may be/look. Why did Pep Boys come up in the first place? It was never mentioned before in this thread...:confused:
Crooks

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
i was just being an ass......i was on forums all day and i spazzed....and about pep boys...my brother worked there for like 4 years lol.....and i know they are called "performance" parts but thats why i put the quotes.....by the way..

gunmetal rims with a silver lip on a blue car looks pretty good

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I usually have a pretty good idea of what looks rice on cars, but I think white rims can look really good.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I will have to agree about the white rims, it can look ghetto, but it can look really good on the right car.

I am not personally a fan of the aluminum bi-plane wings, but I am of the mind that you should do what YOU like...Express yourself...If everyone only followed one persons view of style there would be no such thing.

Oh yeah... Gunmetal def will look good w/ blue IMHO.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
well.... what to say... what to say. looking at your car I would suggest silver wheels unless you are willing to either lose the wing or have it painted to gunmetal. if so then i would suggest some nice gunmetal rims on it. Personal opinion states that the color blue you have would look better with some darker colors like gunmetal to accent it. by removing the silver wing and silver rims and putting darker rims (gunmetal or grey) on you make the blue (which was the darkest color with silver wing and silver rims) the lightest color and the center of attention. Brings more attention to the car's color and less to the wing. that is only my opinion and it really doesn't matter.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I will settle this for all of you, I have a blue 6 that I put white motegi 18's on, just to let ya know its looks BAD, that is why they are for sale. I bought sliver adrs now and the difference is not compairable. I'll search my computer for the white rim pics and get them up later today.

Definately silver or gunmetal on your 6, megotoqhs.

Jon

1 - 18 of 18 Posts