Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, recently my car (every now and then, more frequent recently) has started to "gurgle" at idle. It'll be idling fine and then all of a sudden it will just start to do it. Yesterday, my CEL came on for a minute than turned off (it did this twice, during the day). Any ideas on why this would be happening. It's got new Plugs, Wires, Cap and Rotor, Fuel Filter, Air Filter, Timing Belt, Water Pump.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Dude! I'm having that very same problem! I have a thread going just south of this one called "...little problem here..." read it and tell me if this sounds like the same problem, if so we need to work together on this bor! lol

I just got home from droping the car off at the dealership...yes i know, the ****ing dealership. But i've been truble shooting with this problem for the past 2 weeks. For me it's got the the point where it stalls out when i'm at a stop or when i'm moving out of gear.

Also, my CEL/Check engine light is on and i've pulled the code: P1195 = Fuel Air metering.

Their (Mazda guys) going to call me tomarrow and let me know what they came up with, i'll let ya know. But post back and tell me if its the same problem.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome...tell me what kinda info you get back. Im gonna take my car to Autozone tomorrow to pull some codes. I have a sneakin` suspicion that it has something to do with the EGR Valve or my Oxygen sensors.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well they told me it was the mass airflow sensor, and 250$ and 4 days later i'll have it to install myself since Steevens Creek Mazda Charges 110$ an hr.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm...if it's your Mass Air Sensor....could it also be a cracked Throttle Body Boot? I have a cracked throttle body boot...but I didnt think it was that bad....maybe it's worse than I thought. I'm making a CAI right now...so maybe that will cure it. Also, how do you clean your MAF?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts