Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on the way home this morning, a guy come up from behind me and i speed up to pull over. he then paces beside me and then pulls up and hits his brakes trying to egg me on. at first i thought what is this guy nuts because he had a new tag on his 2001 pontiac grand prix but after he paced beside me i said what the hell lets see what he's got so i open my sunroof and told him to run it. we were doing about 80 so i shifted down slowed a little his rear at my front quarter panel then he tries to pull away to no avail by the time i shifted into 4th i glanced over to see him hitting his steering wheel, i guess he thought that would make him go faster. i threw up five fingers out the sunroof waved bye to this clown and all he could see from this point on were my tail lights pulling off. he followed me of the exit let down his window to challange me again and i replied you need to go back to the dealer you just been spanked by a 88, i wish i had a camera so i could've to a picture of the clowns face. i asked if had bus fair because the only way i would race was winner takes losers car he said he only wanted to see if i could beat him again!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I like the whole, winner gets loser's car. That would have really made me mad if I had just been eaten by an '88.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice kill....

What model GP did he have? You definately wouldn't have beaten the GTP, but if he had the GT, pretty damn impessive!! Even with the SE, it's not bad either

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it was a 2001 v6 wide trac gtp, actually they have a governor which limits there speed so even at top end they are no match.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so your 88 4 banger beat a brand new 240 HP, supercharged V6...I believe you.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it was a V6

If it was a V6, it had to be the GT, because the GTP has [email protected] and [email protected] They also only come with an auto and even with a 900lbs less car, you still wouldn't be able to hang with those numbers! And yes the govenor is set around 125mph

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you guys have to remember what to do with the horsepower or it means nothing!!!! it's all about the driver. if i beat one i know i'll beat another one, only the strongest survive.

·
Registered
379 Posts
The GTP has been track tested in the mid-6s in the 0-60 run. This wasn't exactly the 911 story, but you're still a ways from plausibility.

·
Registered
318 Posts
swats slayer said:
you guys have to remember what to do with the horsepower or it means nothing!!!! it's all about the driver. if i beat one i know i'll beat another one, only the strongest survive.
Driver or not, your not going to be able to beat a Top Fuel drag car even if you are a better driver. Keep it real.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Now, now, YZ, take a few deep breaths. Not all the 6ers are like this. I, for one, drive a '90 DX, and I know I'm not gonna smoke much (except for the POS '86 Cutlass Supreme that is my actual "car" at the moment... :)).

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
to yz stop hating, i have no reason to bs, when you're in atlanta look for the black stallion, i'm sure i'll smoke you with my windows down an a/c blowing. apollo, you may want to drive a gt you'll see a helluva difference from the dx. i don't waste my time with ricers, i go for the big boys. why don't you guys try stepping up a league?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Swats, have you turned your boost up? How modded is this GT?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
let's just say i'm kicking much but!!!i'm not going to get into details until it's time. once my master tech and i get our logos and name out, you guys will see some people are spending money on mods they could have saved!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts