Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was gonna copy stealths projector hid project but im only half way through. Still need the d2s ballast ect, anyways i decided to see if the H7 100w bulb i bought would melt anything. I heard some say yes and some say no. So i put it to the test and YES! it does melt. Actually it only melted on the passanger side reflector, the right one turned out ok for some odd reason. Here are some pics

i used a knife to scrap some off the melted/burned crust out but you can get the pic.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea, i already bought the corolla ones, i been copying stealth, but either way, the projector with h7 bulbs are [shizzle], they wont light up the way you would expect it to be. U need to copy stealths hid conversion

id be interested, just hit me up when you find a decent price. by then i hope i have a job

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Stealth said:
Yes, out of the box those carollas pretty much suck. With modified sheild they are better, and with HID even better yet. :)
That's what I want...no more hids in reflectors. I got pulled over again tonight, my lights brought too much attention. But it was for my exhaust again, by the same cop, at the same place.

haiyter, by my calculations, it should be around 60-65 a pair after shipping if you are intrested.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey stealth, wheres that link where you showed us how to make our own shield cut off, cant seem to find it

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
on the carolla ones, just take them apart. Then ream the holes on the sheild downwards so you can move the sheild up a little bit.

Then put it back on.

Otherwise heres the link of how to make them out of sheetmetal.

http://www.mx6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118706&highlight=Projector+Sheild

When taking the projectors apart you will need a star bit , and in the middle of the screw there is a little prong you need to dremel off so you can get the bit in the screw (they dont want you to take them apart) ;)

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MetalMatrix said:
55Watts =
wow your angel eyes are pretty beat up. how did you get that 2 holes right next to the pod?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts