Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in San Diego we have a huge following for street racing. Sometimes we have up to 1500 to 2000 people on a 1/4 mile street on fridays and saturdays. I just got here after a year in japan, and I've seen the best imports from the fastest surpras, sylvias, 300z's, and even the infamous skylines so I know what I'm up against when I race out here and it isn't much. So when I do race I make sure I take pride in what I own and my MX-6 has put in work. I've beaten everything from Camaro's to Mustang's to Integ's to suped Civic's. Don't get me wrong I've had my share of losses, but speaking from experience the MX-6 can flat out fly...all this from a stock 5-speed. And boy do I love to see their faces when they look at me flying by!!!

·
Registered
371 Posts
944turbo/hondas/5.0

well seems we have a large assortment of kills here.straight up the 944 turbos are good 4 what they are but if i had to choose between a 14,500 car and a 50,000 car i would sure hope the 50g car would kick the others ass. but as personal experience has it, thats not the case with the mx6gt 91(mine)vs 944 turbo 86 model(my friends/bosses/race drivers car). they did come out in 1985 and a half as 2.5litre turbos. i have raced one of these babies and stripped down three of them and put them back together. as that is what is required when u r the chief mechanic. i am not a certified mech but i dabble with small block hi-po cars. over here in west australia we race the porsche cup only a small round tho it is highly competitive. my summary is that i raced the road legal version of my drivers car a black 944 turbo with konis shocks max moritz group a chip with deltagate external waste gate with 3 inch s/steel system mandrel bent.now we didnt kill each other dragging but i had the jump on him by a few car lengths but up into 200kmh he stayed with his nose just at my drivers side door.my mx6gt has only a 2.5 inch mandrel exhaust system and a k and n drop in filter. either one of us could explain why the mx6 could stay at pace and why the 944 couldnt out distance it but i think it came down to the cpu in the control module and the fact my ratios differed and that he was carrying a bit of weight. i say kudos to the mx6 but i know the 944 has shit load more potential though at the end of the day 14g and 50 gs well i got good value for money.as for boost i was running 12psi and he 17psi. that brings me to my drag with a geniune mugen honda crx(del sol)1.8vtec.this guy is also a friend and we got curious after the drag with the 944 turbo. he spent 30gs on the engine and suspension combined. mugen cams heads valves the whole engine was from mugen japans catalog basically. now this thing humed along as i took it for a rap myself. it redlined at 9,500rpm before the shift light come on.he had almost no weight in the car as it was tripped out. we set the race side by side from a standing start.we let rip and i mainly spun through to 3rd gear no thanks to cold tyres. well we sat side by side pretty much all the way tho i found i was shifting later into 5th than he was cos his ratios were very short.45 mins later we ran 5 passes and i won 3 of them all passes with a full tank no passengers street tyres and no cops to bother us. as for 5.0 v8 everyone i have come up against i have not beaten but outdistanced. they piss me off and i managed to kill 2 in one race.be very proud gt owners u have a vehicle with good potential and a very strong engine. my engine will be removed soon and it will be reborn.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts