Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am fully aware that the PGT has the same KL_03 engine as our cars, so I was caught by surprise today, here's the story:

I was driving down I-96 (Michigan) going about 75 and keeping up with traffic when a PGT came up from behind passed me and had the audacity to look over and laugh at me as he went by...It's on... I dropped down to 4th and pushed it all the way, I lifted it back up into 5th as I rode his ass swerved around him and left him in my fumes. I know he was trying and I could tell he was giving me everything he had, maybe he had an ATX or something was wrong with his car. Anyways, I know he wasn't laughin anymore after that beating.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
A lot of people are looking at this thread but not replying.

Same base or not.
Well done Good win man.

The driver is as important as the car.

·
Registered
193 Posts
maybe

okay, I bet he was just laughing on his cell phone instead of you, hasn't changed his oil in 10,000 miles, couldn't find 5th gear and hasn't a clue how to handle his car maybe? Or maybe he had a 4-banger and stole a pgt sticker (smile). Either way... nice job defending our honor, but don't forget..most probeowners r friends, hehe.

hr

·
Registered
332 Posts
I look at the probe as a MX6 with a wig on. A bad wig but still a MX6 at heart.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the PGT

Don't get me wrong I like the probers in general, but when someone laughs at me for going too slow I have to show him what's up.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i feel ya 2fast4u, i dotn like people laughing at me either, no matter what i am doing i am goign to show them what is the deal, good jobbut he might have had a auto. they r not good, i have one(haha)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Sorry. I just prefer the MX6 styling better. That's why I got the MX6. Just my opinion

·
Registered
897 Posts
someone spank these children :D

i'm calling on all the veteran MX6ers and 626ers on this bb to please school your newbies and tell them what the real deal is. we probers come here once in a bluemoon when our bb is down for maintenance but everytime we come here, there is always some kind of trash talk going on due to mere ignorance.

hey come visit our bb anytime, we'll show you nothing but respect :D thank you....

·
Registered
281 Posts
Good kill!

Probably ATX though if you passed him that easily.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Re: someone spank these children :D

alter ego said:
i'm calling on all the veteran MX6ers and 626ers on this bb to please school your newbies and tell them what the real deal is. we probers come here once in a bluemoon when our bb is down for maintenance but everytime we come here, there is always some kind of trash talk going on due to mere ignorance.

hey come visit our bb anytime, we'll show you nothing but respect :D thank you....
I haven't read anything in this post that would contstitute trash except your comment about spanking our children. No one has bad mouthed a Probe in here. Opinions and speculation were posted about the Probe, but they were clearly posted as such. It is important to us that Probe owners feel welcome here, everyone is welcome to post facts, opinions and speculation as long as they know the difference.

·
Registered
897 Posts
re: someone spank these children :D

i said that with a :D (but it didn't work) so dont take it personally but i responded to this post after i read the one below it (maxima moron). i know the majority of you guys are ok and i understand this is a developing bb and there's still a lot of work to be done. plus anywhere you go there's always going to be that 1% that jerks off posts. it's all cool ;) i'm still here, pt's still down and i'm learning some new things here and enjoying myself. so if i didn't like it here, i should just leave right?.... right :) peace

[Edited by alter ego on 12-11-2000 at 11:38 AM]

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Re: re: someone spank these children :D

alter ego said:
i said that with a :D (but it didn't work) so dont take it personally but i responded to this post after i read the one below it (maxima moron). i know the majority of you guys are ok and i understand this is a developing bb and there's still a lot of work to be done.
On the contrary, from this user's perspective, there's not "a lot of work to be done." It's very stable, the moderators are all great and unobtrusive, the admin has done a bang-up job with the UBB software and the server the first time out etc. Kudos to Scoob, Optima et al.

What's left to be done? I suppose maybe upping the membership levels, but I for one support the level and rate of growth the board has seen thus far.

so if i didn't like it here, i should just leave right?.... right :) peace
[Edited by alter ego on 12-11-2000 at 11:38 AM]
Yeah, pretty much :D

·
Registered
897 Posts
re: someone spank these children

oh i wasn't refering to the bb and it's functionality, i think it's great. i love the options you have here that we don't have in PT. i was more of referring to some people's attitudes. But i understand, that kinda work is never done. wait a minute, you drive a pgt!?? now i'm really confused :(

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
I just happen to much prefer this UBB over PT, for personal reasons.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Hey Alter Ego.

I was one of the Probes doubters before I becamer a member of this site. But no more.

A lot of the information we share on this site is posted by probe owners and helps significantly.

This post was about a kill regardless of what the other car was.

G

·
Yeah, the Probe owners here (so far) are really cool. This is why I choose this site over PT. The Probe and MX-6 are off the same assembly line...why not share some info and have a well-rounded, fun discussion? MX.COM allows us all to do just that. Thanks to all the founders and moderators!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts