Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
You should of tried to find a SHO 3.4l v8 lol that would be epic:angel:
In theory it fit, but then we're talking about custom bellhousings, as it has the duratec pattern and not the Vulcan pattern.

But also it's only 20whp more than the V6. The amount of work isn't worth an extra 20whp.

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
why the crap would I want a ZE in there? It's more work.

Put it this way...

The block is Vulcan bellhousing. Which you may guess the 1g probe had the vulcan V6, which bolts up to the 1g mx6. It (vulcan) also has a lower engine mount on the passenger side x-member which can be swapped over to the mx6 and I get the stronger internals from using the H type transmission.
Oh, win on the trans, but I bet the KL Engine/trans would drop in with no more work than the SCHLO

So again, why would I want a crappy ZE in there? :D
Sexier Sound. :D

Besides, what is your goal, I do hope it's not to have a faster car, cause IIRC a F2 can make far more power for less money and work than the show. :p

All ribbing aside, the end product will be very cool. I wish you a smooth install. :)

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Having see a few boosted yamahammer V6s in my lifetime, i'm pretty sure that this thing is going to haul some MAJOR ass once some forced induction enters its life. :D

As in, quite a bit more ass than any F2 with the same money sunk into it.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Ryan, sound is all in the exhaust

Here's an example

Another

I heard KL's before...they are pretty meh to me.

something something eye of the beer holder

And I'm doing it because I want to do it.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
V6's just sound nasty with loud exhausts.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Needs moar nawz, terbo, and supachrgr. Go big or gtfo.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Here's a fun question Zach...

If the SHO motor bolts up to the H-type in our cars, could the SHO community then use the H-type in their cars?

I know the stock trans behind the Yamahammer isn't exactly the most robust of units.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Here's a fun question Zach...

If the SHO motor bolts up to the H-type in our cars, could the SHO community then use the H-type in their cars?

I know the stock trans behind the Yamahammer isn't exactly the most robust of units.
No...because Quaiffe doesn't make an LSD for the H type. They do for the ford MTX75 though, as well as Kaaz and Torsen units.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
No...because Quaiffe doesn't make an LSD for the H type. They do for the ford MTX75 though, as well as Kaaz and Torsen units.
? Couldn't they then just use the MFactory?

I haven't heard great things about those ford transmissions, which is why i asked. More from a strength standpoint than anything.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
There are some 400+whp Boosted SHO's running around with the manuals. Can't say that about the F2T's ;)

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
if you need any parts, hit me up. my local yard has 4 SHO's right now. and they are always coming through. there has been two ive seen with mod's even. including one that had a little 2-3 inch fiberglass cowl hood. lol

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Get the hood...seriously. That's the 'Cincy' hood and catches a good price on the forums :)

How much for electronic type stuff...like relay boxes and other sensors?

·
Premium Member
5,011 Posts
nice to see you picked up the 3.2 liter. i failed there. hopefully ill get around to solving my water pump dilemma this weekend and bolt it all in.

80% bolt in?? id say more close to like 90% ;)
all you gotta do is cut this chunk of aluminum out to clear the slave

and btw. there are tons of sho's that run 400whp reliably. im hoping to eventually single turbo mine on e85 to about 15psi. should easily make over 400whp, closer to 450 with a great curve

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
oh snaps!! you have a bigger picture with it panned out some? I believe this is right under the EDIS pack, correct?

Can't wait for the other parts to arrive :D

·
Premium Member
5,011 Posts
uploaded these just for you buddy pal ;) straight off my camera phone

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
How much for electronic type stuff...like relay boxes and other sensors?
the car with the hood was squished a few months back. it had cobra labeled brakes on the front when it 1st came in also. but those got swiped pretty quickly.

its an LKQ yard. so prices are pretty cheap. ill be going out there tomorrow afternoon to gang rape a silver 92 mx6gt atx that came in. so if you need anything. hit me up.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
There's two V8 shows in my local Pull A Part. :) God that motor looks like a mess.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
LKQ yard? I need the relay box from the gen 2, specifically a 94 ATX, but any 93/94/95 auto should be good. it's located in the front of the engine on the top of the radiator support and looks almost like an ecu. there's a bolt holding the connector on as well. There are a few more, but that I no of is the one I need definitely. you might be able to pocket it :p

21 - 40 of 62 Posts