Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i just bought a pair of black( housing is black) halo "angle eye" headlight for my mx6. i hooked them up and got the halo or "angle eye's" working, but what is the red 14 gage, 5 foot wire with the 15 amp fuse for? i don't have the wire hooked up to anything and the halos work. i was thinking maybe it was a ground wire but not totally sure. what is it for?
jestermx6

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
i had a similar wire on my civic conversion. most likely you hook it into the actual headlight, the relay makes there be less stress on the stock wires

·
Registered
703 Posts
actually you hook it up to your battery, and it will make your lows stay on when you flip your brights on. if you flip your brights on [theoretically] your lows will turn off when the brights come on.

ihave since disconnected one of the wires and the brights still work :shrug:

chris

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks man, that does make sense that the halo is on when the high beam is off and vise versa. but what if i just turn the running lights on? will the halos still work even though the red wire is hooked up to the battery? because right now i have the halos hooked up to the running light wire's( red wire is not conected to anything). so when you turn the running lights on, they work. (which is what i wanted, cause it looks freaking sweet!)

·
Registered
703 Posts
no no no no, that bigger red wire has NOTHING to do with the halos. the little red and black wires are for the halos. the bigger red one is for the high beams.

when you turn on your parking/running lights your halos should come on. if you dont connect that bigger red wire [theoretically] the low beams [your regular headlights] will turn off when you turn your high beams on, and then they will come back on when you shut your high beams off. your halos should be on all the time.

what is supposed to happen with that bigger red wire is: when its connected, and you have your headlights on, and you turn on your high beams, your low beams will stay on also. that is the ideal setup.

the halos should be hooked up to something that gets power when the running lights come on [i, personally hooked them up the my sidemarkers], so they will be on the whole time.

i hope that helps

any more questions lemme know,
chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts