Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am very new to tuning, and i was wondering what i should do first in terms of making my car handle better, cornering and such...

I guess my options would be coilovers for lowering, strut bars, and some wider rims. I am just torn on what i should do first. I have wanted to lower my car scince the day i got it, it rides pretty high as i see it, so i am tempted to get the coilovers first. I don't mind my stock rims, at least for now, and the rims and tires i want are going to run me. I haven't looked into strut bars yet.

I think the main beef i have with the car's handling is my back end sliding around at speed. there's no weight back there i guess (and the tires back there aren't the greatest), so it's pretty easy to loose it when the speeds get silly on country roads. I don't really want to blow the money for new tires now, because i am eventually going to get a set with the new rims, so i am going to hold off on that.

Guidance please!

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Addco end links are an excellent starting point. For 9.95 per end they are a great modification. You will need part # 012, and 015. Avaliable at Autozone

·
Registered
23 Posts
for the first handleing mod, i'd go either with a plus size wheel(ofcorse with a lower profile tire), or lower the vehicle's center of gravity(lower the @#*% thing!!!)

·
Registered
405 Posts
i would defintly upgrade the suspension. i just put on my struts and springs and was blown away by the performance (i am sure it doesnt help any that my struts had 135,000 on them).
if your like me and didnt want to spend a grand on wheels and tires, try looking for some probe gt wheels. i got mine for $300 with tires already on them. they dont look bad (at least to me) and they make the car look a whole lot newer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
yea, i got a vr-4, and i just picked up an mx-6 turbo for my winter car, i think its a pretty cool car, and it does have alot of potential, and right now i'm in the midst of squeezing out all of that potential.

·
Registered
24 Posts
UUMMMM dude it would be a crime to not use your vr-4 in winter that car is one of the few factory rally type cars sold in the US. There was a guy at one of our sport car clubs ice racing events with one that rocked #SS!!!! All he did to it was but a really nice aluminum skid plate on the under side and he was running studded tires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts