Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Third time now. After racing rpms of 6000rpm in first couple of gears -- my KLZE sits at 2000rpm.

Over the next 5 days or so of regular driving, it will on its own lower the idle a little everyday until it returns to normal idle of 700/750rpm.

What I have done:
--checked all vacuum lines
--swapped & set & reset TPS
--swapped EVAP purge solenoid (had CEL light)
--adjusted IAC
***None of this makes a difference*** -->the engine will take its own time to fix the idle.

I am going to go do the Seafoam treatment right now to clear out any possible carbon in the system. No

--To clarify, i have a 65mm bored out TB, but also had it on my previous KLZE and never had this issue. Only this KLZE since it's install in August has given me this problem.

Has anyone else had this issue before or no of a solution?

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Sounds like a sticky valve in IAC, try a different one?

Reactions: BShark

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
push on the thottle spring down to the stopper with your finger when the idle sits high, it might not be going down all the way all the time, did that for me so i'm using my DE TB now.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
you think you got it bad.. my idle is at 3k... im still trying to figure out wtf is going on too

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like a sticky valve in IAC, try a different one?
Yeah, u might be right...I pulled the CEL codes, I got 505, 510 -- both related to IAC. Looks like I better replace it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts