Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually in the morning when i turn my car on its really hard to push the stick into any of the gears, i was wondering if its my clutch fluid, and if it is where is it so i can check it. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
If its freezing cold outside it'll be like that until it warms up some, other then that i dont know.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you guys show me where to change my clutch fluid i can't find it, and need help to make sure there's no leak and its filled up. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Well, we mean transmission fluid. It's a lot thicker than motor oil so when it's cold out, shifting in and out of gears will be met with a little more resistance until the fluid warms up and thins out a bit.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
You mean brake fluid? If you cant find it id honestly just take your car in to get an oil change and have them look over the fluids. Either that or get a haynes manual.

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts
The clutch hydraulic system draws fluid from the brake fluid reservoir, so changing the clutch fluid would be as easy as bleeding the clutch slave cylinder as you would a normal brake caliper. The clutch slave cylinder can be found mounted to the side of the transmission facing the front of the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts