Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody every skinned a door panel of everything on it. like the material and all plastics to remake it into a new one. I have debated on skinning mine to make new fiberglass ones. let me know and if anybody has a picture of one skinned that would be great.

Also has anybody ever done an interior with all fiberglass for an mx6?

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
I might have a picture around somewhere of a fiberglass interior in an mx6 but I don't feel like looking right now. Maybe tomorrow.

I kind of like the CF door panels that Piers14 is using in his car. It makes his mx6 look even more like a race car.

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Ive skinned a few, what do you want to know?

The shape is as you see it and its the same material as the back side.

The insert is a small piece and then the large section is underneath that also.

The curves in our doors do not make it an easy task for you to put fabric back on IMO get a pro for that, if your going to fiberglass it balls to the walls man!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i am going to fiberglass the interior i got a serious mod for the dash as well but that will come once work has started.

I was just wondering about the door panels cause i want to fiberglass the interior but i don't want to have to make a whole new door panel just use the one i got as a template. basically take it strip the material and the cut around the door panel to cut out everything except the areas that hook up to the car. so then the manufacturing will be easier on me, rather then screwing around with mounting.

I really would like to do everything in carbon fiber but that would be expensive and it would be a lot of wet sanding and polishing. i am trying to start something that i can have done by mid summer then i can enjoy the car this year and possibly sell next year.

The picture of a fiberglass interior for mx6 would be great haven't been able to find one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts