Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay heres the deal i want to order a turbo booster from them but they dont have a phone number or an address, which is making me think twice about ordering anything from them...let me know if theyre legit....thanks

·
Registered
270 Posts
They are legit

Yes, I went to the website, http://www.dawesdevices.com and ordered a boost controller. Two days later it was in my mailbox and it works great. I am very pleased with it and would recommend one to every GT owner out there.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wayman

Did you HAVE to get a boost gauge too?? I am told that's the only way to know exactly what psi you're boosting so that you don't boost too much psi. I am very interested in getting one but I don't want to spend the extra money to get a gauge if I don't need it.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wayman-
are is the turbo booster easy to install? and how did you do it?

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
I've had mine for a while and I love it. Mr. Dawes is a good guy to deal with.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Updat ejust got my controller will be installing it tomorrow along with a new alternator since mine crapped out.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MATTDOGG-

It would be in your (and your motor) best intrest to get a boost gauge. Too much boost and *poof* there goes your motor. IT would also do you good to get a good air/fuel ratio gauge so you don't lean it out. As a mater of fact I would buy both of those months before I would buy a bleed valve. Get used to how your stock motor performs before you change anything. I'm not too sure on the exact number but I would guess 12psi is all you can (or should I say should, lol) run with a bone stock motor/fuel delivery system. If you are thinking about it go to this page--> http://www.xmission.com/~dempsey/perform/ It is about turbo dodges but a good refrence for boosting any turbo motor. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts