Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wonderin' if anyone knew what the top speed is, I've had mine to 146mph....anyone had a faster experience ?

Seth(The Not So fast And Not So Furious) Cripe

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Im only runnin' open intake, AEM fuel rail, Coilovers, Greddy exhaust, plug wires, and its atx...But I also have a regeard trasmission that only ran me $500...I'm plannin' on hittin' the 150 mph mark....

Osta Lasagna Don't Get Any On Ya

·
Registered
325 Posts
i've had mine at 143mph when chasing my friend justin in his supra (at 180+mph). i have 16" rims instead of 15, so if my speedo was accurate, i was doing around 145. dunno for sure though.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
um...considering AEM doesnt make a fuel rail for the mx6 i smell BBBBBBBBBSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! plus if they did im sure all the guys with FI would love to buy them....

solar

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
207... km/h. I think that is around 138 ish mph... All I have is a k&n drop in... and wires... it still had more in it... but I got scared... the struts are bagged and it was getting twitchy.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry... not 138mph... more like 130mph... conversions suck... and I wasn't about to start fiddling with buttons to let the car do it for me...(digital dash)

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
I thought they were drag limited to 133MPH, and I also read that the speedos show about 5 mph more than you are actually going. My .02

·
Registered
329 Posts
My 4 cylinder reach 209 km/h, but Mazda said it's 204 km/h.
Mazda said a stock V6 will reach 220 km/h.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I've had my 1st gen up to 150+ indicated mph. It was pulling redline in 5th, so thats all shes got. That was on drag radials with 20psi, so I didn't keep it there for long. It pulls right up to redline really quick too, with the mods I have.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The 2nd gen PGT and MX6 are drag limited to 133mph. So unless you got to that speed and hit some happy juice, or have some sort of forced induction, there is no way you will REALLY see 140+mph.

Sure the speedo may say that, but trust me, that's not your real speed.

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
Actually, the speedo was right, my buddy in his Impreza 2.5 RS had his speedo burried. So in fact it was that sped......You shouldn't be pissed that your car can't run like that....buy new one, or quit drivin'.......nuff said

·
Registered
44 Posts
LOL, and you shouldn't be pissed that someone actually knows about the REAL top speed of the MX6/PGT, and calls BS on your junk. Plus, like someone said earlier, AEM doesn't make rails for these cars:rolleyes:

Also I seriously doubt Impreza RS's have the power, or aerodynamics to go past 140mph.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
216 Posts
ive been to 138 on a really long downhill near st louis mo, got rolled by a state boy, told me i was doing 140.... nice 375$ fine 4 me :) i stay out of it now.. cant be breakin my girl:)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a 93' 4cyl. MX-6 and I have done 112 only so far but I can push it way more.
Mycar is sick!

·
Registered
325 Posts
pgtfreak said:
The 2nd gen PGT and MX6 are drag limited to 133mph. So unless you got to that speed and hit some happy juice, or have some sort of forced induction, there is no way you will REALLY see 140+mph.

Sure the speedo may say that, but trust me, that's not your real speed.

in my case, i was A) on a downhill incline, so drag limitation would be higher, and B) i'm running 225/50/16, which at a 4% correction from 143 would be approx. 149 mph. accounting for a 5mph speedo correction would be 144 or 145. and my car's not stock anyways. so yes, i promise i did at least 143.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts