Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get these for my car once I can afford them. Has anyone installed these? The website says you'll have to modify the car a little bit to get them to fit. I assume the only modifing you'll have to do is to splice two light bulbs onto the existing single bulb setup?

found these at Cork Sport Mazda

[Edited by Stumper66 on 03-30-2001 at 08:31 PM]

·
Registered
92 Posts
Those do look sweet but for that $$$$!!!! I would invest that $$ into a good sound system. You spend your time in the car so why not enjoy the tunes and get some superwhites.

·
Registered
886 Posts
What kind of headlights do you guys get in the USA ? The car above is identical to mine, in the same colour. Are these the "J spec" headlights that everyone on this board talks about ? If they are, then they're very expensive here in Australia too, like about A$800 if you have an accident. The oz spec MX-6s are fully imported from Japan, so that is probably why there are minor differences in headlights, bumpers, etc.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Don't worry, I just checked out the Corksport page, the J spec lights are different to the E Spec lights. Which other markets got the E Spec lights ?

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
e-spec are stock in europe

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
One thing that won't fit is your corner lights. I broke one and I have the US spec lights and local Mazda dealer (In Finland) got me E-spec corner light and it won't fit. The reason for this is the different mounting / support to the headlight. I just thought you might wanna know this.
Mici

·
Registered
166 Posts
the "e-spec" headlight is the headlight most of the world gets with their MX6. there are three types of headlights for our cars. the ones we get, the non-projectors are the north american version. the "j-spec" are only available in japan, and everywhere else outside north america and japan gets "e-spec" lights ... i think

·
Registered
74 Posts
I bought a set of J-spec lights from Corksport. Corksport (Derek) was good to deal with and they shipped them very quickly.

The mounting points for both J-spec and E-spec lights are different than the USA-spec and require mods to the core support. In addition, you will have to make some wiring changes, but that's the easy part.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
somebody from australia said they have the jspec lights... maybe they were confused...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts