Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone with the thomas knight turbo system, please let me know what you think. i am thinking about getting the supercharger system. any happy, (or unhappy) customers? let me know what its like to deal with this guy. seems like he has decent prices, but its gonna cost an arm and a leg brining it up to canada. oh well. its only money.
dave m

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i have read on the forum on PT and some have the piping for the turbo but the turbo itself. they end up getting something on their own.

but like he said just read on there and you will see it. also i know there is a thread on there telling which each memeber has as far was turbo set up goes.

if you go FI, read up on the fuel problem

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
knight seems to have the fuel issue worked out. i'm more concerned with the tranny. i know for sure that i would change the clutch. i want a new clutch as it is. my plan is to get the supercharger and have some fun with it. at the same time, i want to find a used engine and slowly build it up. you know, pistons, rods, port and polish, some work on the cams, copper gaskets, the works. then, when thats all done, swap that engine into my car, and start running some more serious boost.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
how did he solve the fuel problem???

well from what i have read the problem is at the injector? everybody on PT with FI are tirng to do custom injectors.

also if you are going to built the engine find RAWPOWER on PT and email him for some info on some intnernall pieces you will want to have for a good deal.

i just read a post on PT in the FI forum about a compnay in CA that would make forged piston but .

well anyway here is it!

http://www.probetalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=27384&forum=19&5

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
along with the kits thomas knight sells, you get 440cc injectors, an inline fuel pump and pressure regulator. it is a very complete kit. you even get a complete 3" mandrel bent exhaust system, minus the muffler. thanx for letting me know about the engine mod stuff. i'll check that out. if you wanna check out these kits try this site. i think its right.
www.geocities.com/knightturbos/
just in case you havn't seen his products yet.
dave m

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
maybe i missed it but i didnot read anything about injectors.?? well even if they are there will they fit the stock fuel rail? or does some modifcation must be done to the rail to fit the injectors?

i would cal Knight and ask him your self before going onwiththis project/

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
he does not send new injectors. I wish he had. And installation on the twin snails is a bit( ch ) But the quality is good, he's honest and concerned. And overall it's a good product.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Unfortunately I don't run anything in the quarter mile the army saw fit to transfer me to korea 2 monthes after recieveing the kit so I haven't worked the bugs out..... But I'll be back in December. And I'm Going for 400 plus horse's dammit! Ok 300+ ... We 'll see. But as my fiance cheated on me and I have no real friends in goergia ( ft Stuart ) I will be spending all my time and money on Rozzie ( the six ) Anyone know anything about sponsorship? I need things Man! I do know that at 11 psi with rough idle i can make about 300 horses. Still working out the traction probs. Anyone know what tracks are in georgia?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i havn't read this thread for a while...

i was sure that the injectors were part of the kit. i guess not. but you do get a fuel regulator and in-line pump. he makes it pretty clear on his site that his kits can be bolted right on to a stock engine, and as long as you don't go over 7psi of boost, you shouldn't have any problems.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I'm not the vindictive sort, but nudie pics will be surfacing on her chain of commands desks soon ( howed that happen? ) JJ. Yeah it has a regulator and inline pump.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts